Siri sings for me.

PM-Performance

macrumors 6502
Feb 12, 2012
Now if Siri was actually useful for anything other than messing around with her, it would be a great tool.

PM-Performance

macrumors 6502
Feb 12, 2012
My interest in Siri has diminished over the last year. She seems worse now as we get more patches and updates.

Rarely understands what I am asking for unless I asked her something stupid to play with her. Non natural voice most of the time.

She really needs some TLC from apple IMHO

PM-Performance

macrumors 6502
Feb 12, 2012
What do you guys use her for that actually saves you time or allows it to be convenient?
I think I still even set reminders and appts quicker than she can.
Maybe my siri is defective. :confused:

I just know I have seen enough posts about people bitching about Siri's functionality that I gave up trying to mess with it.

Bacong

macrumors 68020
Mar 7, 2009
Westland, Michigan
What do you guys use her for that actually saves you time or allows it to be convenient?
Maybe my siri is defective. :confused:

I just know I have seen enough posts about people bitching about Siri's functionality that I gave up trying to mess with it.
I use Siri to set alarms, turn off certain functions, send texts when I don't have hands free, call people, etc

cyks

macrumors 68020
Jul 24, 2002
Westchester County, NY
Maybe my siri is defective.
I would be amazed if you could set, "Remind me when I leave my sisters to grab the present for mom" faster than saying it.

"set alarm 4:45"
"when is the sunset"
"play 'playlist/ song title"
"set timer, 8 minutes"

Not to mention the ease of dictating and reading/ writing texts while driving or simply using the 'speak' function to have Siri read long articles.

PM-Performance

macrumors 6502
Feb 12, 2012
maybe i will try to play with her a little more. I gave up when she started telling me she could not find what I was looking for and wanted to search the web when i asked her to create reminders to do things :mad:

dvoros

macrumors 6502
Sep 1, 2010
Siri Sucks

Siri is terrible. Whenever I ask it something it rarely knows what the hell I am talking about. Case in point. I just asked it about a Red Hot Chili Peppers song about Maggie. It came back saying it had no clue. I read the same request into Google microphone and it came back with the song "Rain Dance Maggie" by the Red Hot Chili Peppers. Apple and Siri have light years to go before moving forward with this feature.:(

rablat

macrumors 6502a
Oct 8, 2007
Classified NSA intel
Siri is terrible. Whenever I ask it something it rarely knows what the hell I am talking about. Case in point. I just asked it about a Red Hot Chili Peppers song about Maggie. It came back saying it had no clue. I read the same request into Google microphone and it came back with the song "Rain Dance Maggie" by the Red Hot Chili Peppers. Apple and Siri have light years to go before moving forward with this feature.:(
Sounds like you should keep using google now then. Siri works for me for what I need it to.

Last edited: