Siri speak part of watch OS 4?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by miatadan, Sep 18, 2017.

1. miatadan macrumors member

miatadan

Is Siri speak part of watch OS 4 software? Or is everything shown at Apple event Sept 12 for OS 4 only applies to Series 3 watches?
    Is there a list of what is supported for OS 4 between Series 1, 2 and 3?

Dan

2. porkrind macrumors regular

porkrind

3. miatadan thread starter macrumors member

miatadan

I ordered a Series 1 watch and have not seen much info of how Siri works on Series 1 and 2.
    Do not want to sound stupid, how well does siri work without having Series 3?

4. TheColtr macrumors 6502

Having both Series 0 and Series 2 I can say that I don't use it often. On series 0 it was down right useless because of how slow the device was. On series 2 its useable, but because it cannot speak on the watch currently you have to be actively looking at it, and because it requires a iPhone to be in range there is no point because Siri on the iPhone can do more, and if you have AirPods the watch cannot speak through the AirPods.

I am very hopeful for series 3. With LTE that means I can have AirPods connected to the watch, and have the watch speak to me without needing the phone. And with it being able to speak in general I can workout, and drive without having to divert attention to the watch and read what it is saying.

Tl;dr With it being able to speak, and having LTE I predict it will become more useful. Without those features it cannot to much.

5. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

In order to have a voice feedback from Siri on the Apple Watch Series 3, it requires the upgraded hardware internally. Series 1 and Series 2 allows Siri do fairly well by holding down the digital crown or toggling on always on Siri, which you can raise your wrist and say hey Siri. I found dictation to be fairly accurate.