Siri (Spire) on non-iPhone 4S devices?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Spencie, Dec 27, 2011.

1. Spencie macrumors regular

Spencie

After the untethered 5.0.1 jailbreak came out, I saw this article- http://www.geekosystem.com/ios-5-jailbreak-siri-port/
    It says some app on cydia can give you siri on non- iPhone 4S devices. Anybody try it yet? I'll probably check it out once my ipod finishes jailbreaking.

2. SkippyScud macrumors member

So if you have access to a 4S it should be worthwhile. All my friends are poor :p No Siri for me yet.

3. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

I know someone who has an iPhone 4S, what information is required?

4. moargolems macrumors regular

You'll need the 4 authentication tokens from a 4S. 3 of them stay constant, 1 is updated every 24hrs.

Getting the tokens are behind a lot of hassle, and require either a Mac or a computer running Ubuntu.

http://i4siri.com/how-to/how-to-get-4s-auth-keys/

5. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

I think I'll just wait for a much easier port of Siri.

6. moargolems macrumors regular

Unfortunately, it's gonna probably take longer than you think... Fact is, that you can't bypass Apple's authentication. They really stepped up this time against unauthorized use.

7. Spencie thread starter macrumors regular

Spencie

Meh. I thought it would be easier.. But at least i got 'Siri" in my settings and now when I hold the home button i get the interface, but nothing after that works. I think i'll wait awhile for some siri proxies in order to use it.

8. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Last month my mom's iPhone 3Gs stopped working and she didn't want to pay the out-of-warranty fee ($149), so she upgraded to the iPhone 4. She didn't care what color she got, so she agreed to give me the White model and I would giver her my Black iPhone 4 (that I kept in excellent condition).

Anyways, her iPhone 4 was $149 and I had the opportunity to pay the difference ($50-$60) and get myself the iPhone 4S. I honestly couldn't think of an opportunity in which I would want to use Siri (after the novelty wore off) and so I decided to just stay with the iPhone 4.

If a port never comes, *shrugs shoulders* Meh. I'm sure many people find value in Siri, but I can live without it if a port never comes.

9. Spencie thread starter macrumors regular

Spencie

Agreed. I tried Siri when I borrowed my friends iPhone 4S for a day, and it wasn't that effective, I wanted to call somebody, but their name was misheard after I said it clearly a number of times. Siri may be cool, but in my case not very practical.