Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macrat

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 21, 2003
Maui
In only ten days I got accustomed to the benefits of Siri. I use it almost exclusively for calendar entries, calling people, reminders, timers, making notes, texting, and I know there are more areas that I haven't even tried yet.

But Siri has been having "network" problems since last night and I'm like wtf am I going to do now? I'm spoiled!!!:mad:

That's why I completely disagree with them Apple bashers that Siri is just a passing fad and its popularity and usefulness will go away. Bullcrap!

Morac

macrumors 68020
Dec 30, 2009
Siri has been MIA for me since last night (NJ). It's still down for me right now.

I've tried all the "fixes" such as turning Siri off, restarting the phone and turning Siri back on, but that didn't work. I tried resetting network settings, that didn't work. I even tried clearing out the multitask bar of apps (which someone said fixed it) and then doing a hard reset. That didn't work either.

Basically at this point Siri isn't working. What's odd is that I can see on my router that the phone is connecting to the Siri server, but it's still complaining. So there's definitely something wrong with the servers.

I called Apple and they told me the servers are down, which makes no sense since it does work for some people. They did tell me the Siri problems will get worse before they get better, but considering it hasn't worked for me for over 24 hours I don't see how that's possible.

lokerd

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2010
Beaumont
In only ten days I got accustomed to the benefits of Siri. I use it almost exclusively for calendar entries, calling people, reminders, timers, making notes, texting, and I know there are more areas that I haven't even tried yet.

WOW!!! What a bummer! Spoiled indeed!!

Siri is MIA in Beaumont, Tx. My fingers stay pretty sore/arthritic from typing on old iPhone. Siri has been a REAL blessing in a MUCH reduced finger interface with text messages and emails. I can't believe it is not available.

What exactly is the deal? Why is it going to get better before it gets worse?

And, why isn't it built into the phone? Is Siri really contacting a special server?

juan370Z

macrumors regular
Mar 1, 2010
hey i had the same problem i solved it by disabling siri in settings then enabling it again try it

Morac

macrumors 68020
Dec 30, 2009
I did a "Reset All Settings" on my iPhone 4S about 15 minutes ago and Siri started working a few minutes later after being down over 24 hours. Coincidence?

Edit 1:

And now I getting network errors again. Argh!!! :mad:

Edit 2:

And Siri is back all the sudden. I did notice that when I pluged my iPhone 4S into my PC I lost Siri shortly later. When I unplugged my iPhone 4S, Siri came back.

I guess Apple's idea of a beta isn't the same as Google's.

lokerd

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2010
Beaumont
Siri...OFF

Siri...ON

Worked. I didn't not try any trouble shooting of my own. Saw post here...assumed it was down. But, just tried the Off/On and it worked.

Thank you!

Glad to have Siri back!

Armeniandave

macrumors 6502
Jun 12, 2010
San Diego
Siri seems to be down randomly all the time.
Today it didn't work earlier and then it did and then an
hour later it didn't! Apple is still going through growing pains
with there servers. I really wish they would shift some of the
voice processing onto the phone itself instead of always going through
there servers. If I'm responding to an email it shouldn't need
apples servers to do it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.