Siri stopped working on watch

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Baldrake, Apr 14, 2018.

1. Baldrake macrumors 6502

I have an original series 0 watch. I know I'm going to have to upgrade it sometime, but with rumours of a new case this fall, I'm inclined to wait.

It actually works fine for what I do, which is part of why I'm in no real rush to upgrade.

But... it no longer responds to Siri requests. I push the button, get the Siri input graphics, and every time get told that it couldn't understand what I was saying.

I'm wondering if something is wrong with the microphone. Anyone else run into a problem like this? It's doubtful that it's worth the cost of the repair.

2. CobraPA macrumors 6502a

Have you power cycled it? I’ve had Siri stop working on both series 1 and 3, and a reboot fixed it right away. I usually reboot the phone at the same time.

Have you tested the microphone with a phone call?

3. waw74 macrumors 68030

have you paired it with headphones?

although this happens on my phone, every so often i forget to turn off my headphones, and when i try to talk to siri on the phone, she tries to use the mic on my headphones (which are normally in the other room)

4. Baldrake thread starter macrumors 6502

I've power-cycled it, yes. I followed your suggestion and tried a phone call, and definitely looks like the mic has stopped working. Darn!
    --- Post Merged, Apr 22, 2018 ---
    Not that, unfortunately, but thanks for the suggestion!

5. CobraPA macrumors 6502a

First one I’ve heard of with a failed mic, sorry about that. :(