Siri Stopped Working

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by ohsnaphappy, Oct 2, 2015.

1. ohsnaphappy macrumors regular

ohsnaphappy

Since I got my 6s Siri stopped working on my Watch. So I wiped the Watch, did a clean install. Sacrificed all my fitness data - and nope, still no Siri. When I activate Siri on the Watch it says something like "Siri cannot get a connection on your Watch or your iPhone." But Hey Siri, and all things Siri, work FLAWLESSLY on my 6s. I have Apple Care, should I lose HOURS of my life and go in? Or wait and hope it gets better. Thanks!

2. Spink10 macrumors 601

Spink10

Why did you lose all your health data that is stored on your iPhone?

3. ohsnaphappy thread starter macrumors regular

ohsnaphappy

When you wipe your watch and do a clean install don't you lose all your past fitness stuff and achievements?

Since the clean install didn't fix Siri I'm restoring the Watch from a backup right now. So either way, all my past fitness data is back.

BUT Siri still doesn't work.

4. Spink10 macrumors 601

Spink10

You may be right about achievements. But the actually data is on iPhone and can be backed up via iTunes with encryption.

Sorry I'm no help with Siri on Apple Watch

5. GrumpyMom macrumors 601

GrumpyMom

Siri isn't working for me, either. Hey Siri gets no response except on my 6S plus. I assumed there would be some setting I need to change but don't know what. Same for my husband. He got a new 6S Plus, too.

Of course if we get it working on our watches again it is going to be awkward having our phones respond, too. But I don't want to turn it off on my phone. I wonder how others are resolving this.

6. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Only your :apple:Watch will respond, at least most of the time. They will both occasionally respond together but not often. I have had it happen maybe twice.

7. JT2002TJ macrumors 6502a

My siri seems to work every other time (50%). I have to leave it and go back in to get it to work.

8. GrumpyMom macrumors 601

GrumpyMom

For no reason that I nor my husband can fathom Siri is working on our Apple Watches since this morning. My husband says the Siri on his watch and the one on his IPhone are fighting over him. :rolleyes:

I've been too busy to really test it. I don't need the aggravation right now.