Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DaveJacko15

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 31, 2015
anyone know when more countries will get Apple TV Siri support? I live in Ireland, we speak English, Siri is supported on iPhone so don't get why it is not there for us on the new ATV 4.

TrueBlou

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2014
Scotland
Ireland is an odd one to exclude. The U.K. Has Siri, so why not Ireland? Odd. You could always change your country setting to U.K if you really want it in the meantime. Although I suspect that would be a pain as it would probably also change the AppStore to U.K.

DaveJacko15

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 31, 2015
Ireland is an odd one to exclude. The U.K. Has Siri, so why not Ireland? Odd. You could always change your country setting to U.K if you really want it in the meantime. Although I suspect that would be a pain as it would probably also change the AppStore to U.K.
You need a UK credit card to buy content fron the UK iTunes store + its more expensive.

TrueBlou

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2014
Scotland
You need a UK credit card to buy content fron the UK iTunes store + its more expensive.

You don't have to buy from the uk store. I was meaning to switch for normal operation. Then switch back if you wanted to purchase anything, your content would still be available. But that's why I said it'd be a pain in the rear end, it's not exactly convenient.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.