Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sundog925

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 19, 2011
Given it's Halloween, she did rather nicely.
Happy halloween iPhone 5 users!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 580

KojiH

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2012
Nice. I get the same response when I say "happy Halloween"

However, Siri doesn't understand "trick or treat"

ixodes

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2012
Pacific Coast, USA
Siri is a gimmick.

Annoying when used in public like some obnoxious users do.

Sitting in a Starbucks with a client trying to hold a conversation while the gray haired ladies laughed it up with Siri. Annoying beyond words.

But hey, it's entertaining droves of the easily amused & has probably sold a vast number of iPhones.

Minhimalism

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2012
Texas
Siri is a gimmick.

Sitting in a Starbucks with a client trying to hold a conversation while the gray haired ladies laughed it up with Siri. Annoying beyond words.

But hey, it's entertaining droves of the easily amused & has probably sold a vast number of iPhones.

I used it at work today to quickly look up all the factors of a large number and it helped speed up the tutoring process :) I agree on the annoying usage though.. I see it a lot :/

stonyboys

macrumors 6502
Oct 16, 2012
I have never seen anybody use Siri in public for actual tasks, let alone to play around with it. I show it off a lot because Siri is my homegirl, but I mostly show off the actual uses of it.

Also I'd like to add that Siri is amazingly useful while driving.

bandofbrothers

macrumors 601
Oct 14, 2007
Uk
Siri is a gimmick.

Somebody needs to chill !

Lindsford

macrumors 6502a
Mar 14, 2012
Siri is a gimmick.

Meetings at Starbucks? That's classy man.

Dominicanyor

macrumors 65816
Apr 1, 2012
Florida
Every time I tried using Siri around my kids Siri always Embarrassed me by saying I'm sorry tried again later. But when I'm in my car it works fine at times.

KeepCalmPeople

macrumors 65816
Sep 5, 2012
Los Angeles, California
Whats even more obnoxious are people that conduct business at a coffee shop.

Amen!
If you have SERIOUS business to conduct, you don't meet in a coffee shop, and if you meet in a coffee shop, you don't expect everybody else there to be quiet for your benefit.

Anyway, I rarely use Siri in public as I have a British accent and the American Siri almost never understands a whole sentence I speak, which is just embarrassing. If I try to change Siri to British English, it tells me I have to be in the UK for that to work...:(.

nefan65

macrumors 65816
Apr 15, 2009
Siri is a gimmick.

Meeting a client at Starbucks is pretty classy.../s

FSMBP

macrumors 68030
Jan 22, 2009
Siri is a gimmick.

Uh no she's not. It's nice doing yardwork, with my iPhone tucked away in my pocket, and I can hear & compose my texts by using Siri (with my headphones activating).

Just because she makes cheesy comments doesn't make her a gimmick.

MonkeySee....

macrumors 68040
Sep 24, 2010
UK
Siri is a gimmick.

What a helpful contribution to the thread. You must be so proud.

erratikmind

macrumors 6502a
Apr 2, 2009
S.F./Las Vegas
Siri is a gimmick.

Considering the atmosphere at most Starbucks, what do you expect? Depending on the type of business, which you are conducting, Starbucks does not afford the most professional environment. Appearing to be professional and actually being professional are two totally different animals.

Megalobyte

macrumors 6502a
Dec 30, 2007
Florida
I agree, currently Siri is only moderately useful. But that will change. One day Siri will be very useful and well integrated. Hell, give it 10 years, she'll be able to launch missiles and end the world.

DMVillain

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2011
Siri is a gimmick.

Raise-to-speak.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.