Siri "Uh oh, something's wrong. Could you try again?"

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by klamse25, Oct 14, 2011.

1. klamse25 macrumors 6502a

klamse25

I just opened and set up my brand new iPhone 4S.
    Whenever I try to use Siri, it says the quote I put in the title.

It's not just my voice, because my friends tried to talk to it, and it refused.

What's the deal!

2. EmbraceTheOne macrumors 6502a

Happened to me a few times. Im thinking its because servers are REALLY overloaded.

Not sure though.

3. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

That happened to me once already too. I just turned Siri off and then on again. Then it went back to working properly.

4. gforce216 macrumors 6502a

I've had it lose connection to the servers from time to time. I think so many people are trying it out that it is having difficulty understanding words and connecting. By next week it may work a lot better.

5. burritolove macrumors member

hoping its server issues. my new 4s worked fine with siri up until just an hour ago where she says somethings wrong and to try again. tried a soft reboot and a restart and still the same issue

6. hexaplusnone, Oct 14, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2011

hexaplusnone macrumors newbie

Siri kinda suck

Yea it's taking FOREVER to answer questions and doesn't seem to be able to understand me very well. So far I'm pretty disappointed. When I got my iPhone 4 I got download speeds of 3.5 Mbps I'm getting about 2.0 on the 4s same as my wifes iPhone 4. Siri barely works and I had to try 5 times to activate it. The camera volume feature is about the only thing that's worked out and I could have gotten that for a free upgrade :(
    Darn.

7. Almeuit macrumors regular

8. JohnnyQuest macrumors 65816

JohnnyQuest

Mine's been doing this since my phone activated tonight, but I think it's a combination of it restoring from iCloud and the overloaded servers.

9. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

10. hexaplusnone macrumors newbie

Yea doesn't work at all, At least with the iPhone 4 I could voice dial. I guess that requires a server connection now