Siri - UK voice annoying

virginblue4

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 15, 2012
United Kingdom
I'm currently running 5.1.1 but was wondering if anyone who has iOS 6 has this problem. The UK Siri voice has become a lot less clear, it sounds like there is ruffling in the background and a lot more robotic. It only started doing it on Tuesday. Anyone else having this problem?

LastLine

macrumors 65816
Aug 24, 2005
I'm not noticing it. That said I'm still annoyed I can't have the US Siri voice, I loved that at launch and was gutted when my iPhone arrived with this annoying bloke on the other end. I want the hot Siri ;-)

virginblue4

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 15, 2012
United Kingdom
I'm not noticing it. That said I'm still annoyed I can't have the US Siri voice, I loved that at launch and was gutted when my iPhone arrived with this annoying bloke on the other end. I want the hot Siri ;-)

You can change it to the US voice in settings.

LastLine

macrumors 65816
Aug 24, 2005
You can change it to the US voice in settings.
True, I can, but I've tended to find Siri understands me less then - it seems to expect the US accent, which I don't have.

I'd also hazard a guess that it'll expect me to be in the US for location services?

*Calypso*

macrumors regular
Dec 16, 2011
Germany
Could anyone spot a difference between English (US) and English (Canada)? Sounds exactly the same to me. I like the Aussie voice too, but she pronounces my name weird, so I'm all like

Attachments

Last edited:

*Calypso*

macrumors regular
Dec 16, 2011
Germany
I'd also hazard a guess that it'll expect me to be in the US for location services?
No. It expects you to be where the GPS says you are. :p

BTW: They should cast Nazanin Boniadi (Nora from HIMYM) for the UK voice in iOS 7. :D

Last edited:

zackify

macrumors member
Mar 11, 2012
California
I'm currently running 5.1.1 but was wondering if anyone who has iOS 6 has this problem. The UK Siri voice has become a lot less clear, it sounds like there is ruffling in the background and a lot more robotic. It only started doing it on Tuesday. Anyone else having this problem?
I'm in the US but just switched it to the UK voice, it is annoying and sounds like the voice was recorded with a cheap phone.

virginblue4

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 15, 2012
United Kingdom
I'm in the US but just switched it to the UK voice, it is annoying and sounds like the voice was recorded with a cheap phone.
Yes that is exactly how it sounds. It's strange though as it didn't sound like that a few days ago. I've using US English now instead. I hope it reverts back to the normal voice as the american Siri doesn't understand me as well :(

The Game 161

macrumors Core
Dec 15, 2010
UK
The uk Siri voice refuses to say lebron James name correctly... It's annoying.

But generally the uk voice understands me great while the us and aussie is far less clear

virginblue4

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 15, 2012
United Kingdom
I have tried using Siri on my mums 4S with the UK voice and hers sounds fine. I put mine and her next to each other and you can clearly tell the difference. What should I do?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.