SIRI Voice Dial Issue

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ZipZap, Oct 18, 2011.

1. ZipZap macrumors 601

I used to be able to voice dial using labels like "H-Mobile", "W-Mobile"

Under SIRI these do not work.

Then I tried "Work Mobile" or "Work Cell" and these dont work either. SIS says there is no Mobile number or no Work number.

Anyone having similar issues and found a work around?

2. daviddth macrumors 6502a

daviddth

I have all my contacts with their numbers as home, work or mobile and I have to specify the numbner of there are more than 1 listed. So "Call Boofie mobile" would call my daughters mobile number. "Call Boofie" would prompt "Mobile or Home", so I specify what number for most people now as a matter of habbit

Oh yeah I have to call her boofie as Sitri has no hope of getting her name right, even though the old iOS4 used to dial her number fine (I just had to "Call Jew an eeta", but now doing that gives rather strange, and often creepy results :D)

3. Sydryx macrumors member

I think I know what you mean. It happened to me with custom email labels. I have 2 emails for a friend: Home and University. If I say "Email Craig", Siri will ask me what email I'd like to use. Even though she'll read me back both of them fine, if I say "University" she'll come back with a "Sorry, I don't understand University."

4. ZipZap thread starter macrumors 601

This is it exactly. SIRI does not work with all custom labels like voice dial did.

5. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

If you plan on using Siri for only voice dialing, you can turn her off and go back to the original voice control. It could also be a problem with the way your contacts are labeled.