HomePod Siri Voice Volume on Homepod

Discussion in 'HomeKit, HomePod, CarPlay, Home & Auto Technology' started by dbagg, Feb 10, 2018.

1. dbagg macrumors member

dbagg

Is it possible to lower the volume of Siri’s speaking voice!?

2. BananaX macrumors regular

BananaX

You can only increase or decrease the speaker. I don't think you can lower Siri only. I was using HomePods as Apple TV speaker, the volume output is slightly lower via Apple TV somehow. So, I cranked it up a lot than normal. And just called Siri, and I **** my pants how loud that was. LOL

3. cyb3rdud3 macrumors 65816

this is a duplicate of another thread :) But the issue is that Siri doesn't decrease nor increase with the volume control, and when you use her late at night with the volume low she is like yelling at you.

4. thatJohann macrumors 65816

thatJohann

Omg this is my biggest annoyance. This morning I tried asking Siri for the weather knowing full well that I had the volume super low from last night, and she started giving the forecast so loud it woke up my partner. So annoying, I think her volume should match the volume of the music playing, otherwise it’s too shocking. Maybe that’s what Sound Check is for?

5. dbagg thread starter macrumors member

dbagg

6. actcyclist macrumors 6502

actcyclist

The Homepod could definitely use a night mode and some volume limits. Very frustrating using it, it seams easier to use Airplay to control the HomePod unfortunately. I've had Siri and music yelling at me a few times and not hearing me tell it to stop, with me running up to the thing to push the button to shut it down.

7. Z3man macrumors 6502a

I think you are correct, mine is becoming just an Airplay speaker as well as Siri is just hopeless and annoying.

For that reason i will probably be returning it as i can probably get a better Airplay speaker for the same money or less.

8. cyb3rdud3 macrumors 65816

Can we please keep this conversation about the volume and not drag it down the same road as many other threads already do.

Thanks.

9. actcyclist macrumors 6502

actcyclist

I think I'll probably get the hang of it by learning to say "Siri, set volume to 10%" then saying "Siri, play ABC/ play etc". Yes, it's extra hassle but not as much as hunting down my iPhone and using airplay if it's somewhere away from me.

It's similar to what I'd do with playing using my iPhone as the volume might already be up too high from earlier in the day.