Siri vs OK Google

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by dn8, Feb 25, 2017.

1. dn8 macrumors newbie

i am curious.

Siri fails to understand what I want 8 out of 10 times. Even simple tasks like creating a reminder seems impossible.
    For a while I thought maybe i am mumbling or something. But recently my girlfriend bought the Pixel Phone and I tried OK Google. It just works - almost every time.

Anyone else having the same issue?

2. Polaroid macrumors 6502a

yeah siri sucks for me, used to work great but siri cant even tell difference between:

Turn off all alarms

and

Turn all the alarms off

So stupid it only understand one of the above!

3. Rackness01 macrumors member

Having used both ok google is superior to Siri by a significant margin. I really enjoy my iPhone but I would like to see Siri improved. It is lagging behind the competition.

4. Winterfibre macrumors regular

Siri is always fine by me, gets me most of the time, i would say almost on par with google

5. gwhizkids macrumors 68040

gwhizkids

Same here. I'm most impressed with how well Siri transcribes messages while I'm driving. That is no mean feat with all the ambient noise.

Do I wish Siri could do more? Sure. I'm also confident it's coming...and soon.

6. dn8 thread starter macrumors newbie

That's actually true - it transcribes messages really well. So it understands the words I say, but it can't understand when I want to know what appointments are coming up. Weird.