Siri was ported to the 3G[s]

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by B777Forevar, Nov 7, 2011.

1. labman macrumors 604

labman

Chpwn has stated he does not intend to put this out to the masses. (piracy) they are just showing it can be done. so you will not see this from them. there are others working on it. hopefully Apple will just allow everybody thast wants it to buy it legal and install. gladly pay $20 for it possibly more.

2. iNipponRyan97 macrumors newbie

iNipponRyan97

Actually Apple has just stated that they will not officially port Siri to the iPhone 4 or iPhone 3GS because the new features they are adding to it would need the newer A5 chip. I think this is just a cover up and BS from Apple, but whatever.

Hopefully someone will port it and release it on Cydia.

3. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Releasing it onto Cydia is illegal as it redistributes Apple's copyrighted code. This is why I never made a .deb for FaceTime on the iPad 1G.

4. labman macrumors 604

labman

thank you for taking the time to school me! I owe you one.

http://9to5mac.com/2011/11/07/yes-a...one-4-and-other-devices-but-it-means-nothing/ of course Apple Is going to say it needs the faster processor. There was nothing wrong with what I said. Like I Said Apple is also testing it.

5. moargolems macrumors regular

Can you provide a source for this?

6. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

That is not a port that is "test". They tested it on the 3GS..no port available as of yet. ;)

7. iNipponRyan97 macrumors newbie

iNipponRyan97

Labman just posted the source above yours. 9to5mac which is usually correct and true when it comes to Apple news and information.

8. iNipponRyan97 macrumors newbie

iNipponRyan97

I already knew that. I just wish someone could release it because I don't have $200 to spend on an 8MP camera with 1080p HD recording and better ambient light sensor, an A5 chip, and no jailbreak, which I will not pay for. And also Siri, but I'd pay for that one.

9. labman macrumors 604

labman

Iphone 4 is going for around $400 bucks sell it when the 4s is easy to get and then spend $200 on a 4s but get at least the 32gb and $100-$200 bucks . i'm not sure if anybody other then Samsung want to go against Apple Lawyers.

10. iNipponRyan97 macrumors newbie

iNipponRyan97

I have the iPhone 4, but tell me where I can sell it for $400?

11. BlizzardBolt macrumors 6502

Apple will most likely never add Siri to devices without A5. I'n assuming it will go in an iOS5 update to ipad 2 much like the gestures.

Legally it seems hard to picture Siri being available even if the device is jailbroken. However Siri in the future should be availible for devices illegally through jailbreaking much like how installous is also illegal. Apple hasn't taken installous down so if Siri does appear via jailbreaking somehow, that would be the only way for devices OTHER than iPhone4S/ipad2 to have the Siri assissant ability.

12. B777Forevar thread starter macrumors 6502a

B777Forevar

Apple can't take down Installous because it doesn't run off Apple's servers. However Apple can take down Siri because it does run on Apple's servers.

It's a shame that we might never see a pubicly released Siri port for the iPhone 4 :(

13. murdercitydevil macrumors 68000

murdercitydevil