Siri Weather down for Philadelphia area?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gforce216, Oct 18, 2011.

1. gforce216 macrumors 6502a

So myself and a few of my friends have the 4S now, and for the past 3 days, Siri has been able to everything except give us the weather because she is "unable to provide weather services". Has anyone else in the Philly area had this problem? My one friend in Baltimore has not had this happen to him at all.

Thanks.

2. i hate phones macrumors 6502a

i'm in the philly suburbs (kop area) don't want to ask her at work, but will try when i go to lunch soon and report back. she worked the last time i tried on saturday...

on a side note, do you or any of your friends have AT&T? i'm wondering what kind of speeds other people are getting on the HSPA+ network in this area. i'm lucky if i hit 1.5 mb... most of the time its around 1 or even lower. the max i've hit is 3 and thats in like the middle of the night and only in certain areas. the coverage map shows i'm in an HSPA+ area...

3. pittpanthersfan macrumors 6502

pittpanthersfan

4. gforce216 thread starter macrumors 6502a

We are all on AT&T. Hitting around 2.9 at best. Mostly it sits around 2 Mbps. I'll keep trying for the weather. Worked in NJ a few days ago.

5. fuekarl macrumors newbie

No luck in Center City & Mt. Airy area— have been trying since Friday night when I activated the phone. I'm also on AT&T.

6. fuekarl macrumors newbie

It just worked now, for the first time! I'm in Center City (near Rittenhouse Square).

7. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

8. Jonk1183 macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Works fine for me in bucks county

9. i hate phones macrumors 6502a

worked in exton... though i do occasionally get the siri cannot connect to network :( and of course usually happens when i'm trying to show her off to someone. guess she's bashful :p

10. mbm2044 macrumors newbie

Siri works EXCEPT weather

I'm on ATT, have been all over phily and western/norther suburbs and the weather has not worked once. Every other function seems to be fine.

Any thoughts for repair? I've disabled Siri, reset my network settings, rebooted, etc... no luck.

11. cvbesq macrumors newbie

Same problem for me. I am in Norristown/King of Prussia area. I keep checking and it has only worked once or twice. If I ask it for weather elsewhere it works if it is outside the Philly suburban area. Very strange!

12. MastahRiz macrumors 6502