Siri weather never works

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rick98761, Oct 16, 2011.

1. rick98761 macrumors 6502

She has been working pretty well for me. The one problem is that besides the first few hours she always says weather info is not available. Even if she is working otherwise. Anyone else having this issue ?

2. tourada macrumors regular

Are your weather locations up to date? Do you have it set for weather at your current location? Just to test out Siri, ask for the weather in another city to see if it works

3. rick98761 thread starter macrumors 6502

Yea they are setup in the weather app. It is pulling local weather by location fine. Siri works fine if I specify a location.

4. codelode84 macrumors regular

codelode84

It doesn't work close to my home. Once on different cell tower asking weather questions work. I will tell you weather app is updating though. It won't work on wifi either. Weird.

5. george19104 macrumors newbie

Check Google location services

I was having the same problem where I could specify a location and Siri would provide the weather but if I just asked "What is the weather today" without specifying a location, Siri failed. I checked the location services and the Weather apps I have installed had the location services ON but Google location services were OFF. I turned the Google services ON and it seems to work now.

6. fuzion11 macrumors 65816

fuzion11

Good thinking George....I think you solved my issue!

7. hottoq macrumors newbie

I'm having the same issue - which Google location services did you have turned off? I don't see a mention of Google anywhere in my Location Services tab within Settings.

8. theperipheral macrumors 6502

I just tried her out, and she worked fine doing it. I doubt you HAVE to have any google nonsense On or Off for it to work because I don't have any google stuff on my phone at all and it works perfectly.

9. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

This, plus the Weather app pulls data from Yahoo, not Google. Make sure Siri is enabled under location services.

10. hottoq macrumors newbie

Siri's location services are on (and always have been). She can do all the find my friends, local business, etc stuff just fine. And she can pull up weather for Philadelphia, just 20 minutes away. But when I just ask for the weather, or ask for the weather for my specific city (Ambler, PA), she says she can't get that weather data right now - even though I can see that same weather data in the Notification Center.

Same thing with my wife's phone, which was set up as a new phone.

Anyone have any other ideas?

11. WytRaven macrumors 6502

If I ask for weather in Sydney Australia. Nor problem. I ask for weather in Brisbane Australia. No worries. I ask for wether or weather in Canberra (the capital of Austrlia and where I live). Nothing. "Sorry i can't do that" or "There was a problem".

EDIT: Ok so that was last night. This morning no problem.

12. Lionheart, Oct 17, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2011

Lionheart macrumors regular

Lionheart

I'm having the same exact issue here. All location services are enabled. I can ask for weather for anywhere in the world and get it, but if I specify my city it tries to look it up and then says weather is unavailable.

Must be a bug.. hope the fix it soon.
    :(

FOUND THE FIX....

Turn off location services for Weather and asked what the temperture was outside and it worked. Turned it back on and it was still working. Give that a try...

13. george19104 macrumors newbie

This obviously was NOT the fix. Can't blame me for trying!:(

14. hottoq macrumors newbie

Didn't work for me, unfortunately. Really strange.

15. Chaos123x macrumors 68000

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

None of those things fixed it for me. I can only get weather if a specify a city.

16. codelode84 macrumors regular

codelode84

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Still never works near my home. Wifi or 3 g. Once I get away from home works like a charm.

17. fuzion11 macrumors 65816

fuzion11

I think it has to do with wifi...check your compass too....my compass points south when it's supposed to be south

18. hottoq macrumors newbie

I guess it has to do with particular locations - if I ask it about any of the towns in my immediate area, it can't tell me about the weather in any of them. But if I go a little farther out, it can get that data.

Strange, though, because the Yahoo weather widget brings the weather data up just fine for those places. And it's not like I'm out in the boondocks, either, these are really built up suburbs of Philadelphia.