Siri went crazy.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by machenryr, Feb 6, 2016.

1. machenryr macrumors regular

machenryr

I was talking to my wife today. iPhone 6S was on the table away from me. I wasn't touching it and almost never use Siri and haven't tried it in weeks. Suddenly Siri speaks up, interrupting our conversation.

Siri: "I found some information about Hot Wheels for you."

Me: "Huh?!"

Siri: "I'm sorry. I didn't understand that."

WTF?? HOT WHEELS???!!! I've never asked, searched or been interested in Hot Wheels, not even as a kid.

Is this an issue? Siri going off the rails? Randomly speaking up with unrelated, unasked comments? I didn't ask Siri anything.

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

Sounds like "Hey Siri" is probably enabled and got activated somehow (because it heard something that sounded like "Hey Siri" from somewhere) and in turn listened and tried to act on what it thought it heard which was apparently something that it interpreted as "hot wheels" (perhaps because it didn't pick up the voice as well or just misinterpreted something).

3. machenryr thread starter macrumors regular

machenryr

Interesting. Thank you. But "Hey Siri" is not enabled and has never been enabled. I just double checked.

4. C DM macrumors Westmere

That certainly makes it that much more strange.

5. machenryr thread starter macrumors regular

machenryr

Yes. I think it's funny, but definitely ghosts in the machine type stuff.