Siri while driving using AUX-IN

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thekyleshow, Oct 26, 2011.

1. thekyleshow macrumors newbie

Hello, just a quick question.

Is anyone here using siri while driving and having they phone plugged in to their car deck via AUX-IN? Just wondering how the sound quality is? I know its difficult to talk to someone on the phone when the phone is plugged into the AUX-IN due to the echo of it coming through the speakers. Does this problem exist while using Siri or does the noice-cancellation work well with this feature? Thanks

2. thekyleshow thread starter macrumors newbie

3. iphone1105 macrumors 68020

iphone1105

You should rip that aux in, out, and get a good headunit with BT or direct iPhone connect.

And it should be just as clear on the aux in as anything else from your iPhone fwiw.

But yeah get a better head unit for your ride :D

4. fiveainone macrumors 6502a

I use aux-in, and I think so far it's worked pretty well. My car is pretty noisy though, so while on the freeway Siri has a hard time understanding.

5. AJsAWiz macrumors 68030

AJsAWiz

Siri, Bluetooth & Vehicle with Voice commands

Not sure about AUX but I did discover something about Siri being used in vehicles with bluetooth and voice commands. Previously, I paired my iPhone with my 2011 Terrain so I could make calls and have conversations handsfree. The Terrain responds to voice commands. Anyway, when I got the 4S I noticed that there was a problem getting it to call others, by voice command. So I disabled Siri now it works like it did before, when I had the 3GS. So, Siri is now disabled when I'm in the vehicle and I turn it back on when I get out.

6. thekyleshow thread starter macrumors newbie

Will Siri talk through the speakers? I'm hearing she doesn't...

7. RafaelT macrumors 65816

RafaelT

Yes

8. thekyleshow thread starter macrumors newbie

Any suggestions for making this work well in the car?

9. spades1412 macrumors 6502

I just installed a Pioneer AVH-P3300BT. Awesome BT head unit with direct ipod/iphone controls. I have the mic located right above my head on the visor. Siri and text dictation has worked very well for me. Just have to speak very clearly.

10. njgeek macrumors regular

This is relevant to my interests. I have a Jeep Wrangler and the current head unit only has AUX. Does anyone have a good recommendation for a stereo that supports Bluetooth for calls and/or music and USB for charging?

I know nothing about car stereos and what they can do with iPhones.

11. njgeek macrumors regular

Nothing too flashy though, I leave the jeep unlocked so no one cuts the top.