Siri won't open apps

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by virginblue4, Dec 30, 2015.

1. virginblue4, Dec 30, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2015

virginblue4 macrumors 68000

virginblue4

One of my most used features of Siri is opening apps, however it has just suddenly stopped working. It doesn't matter whether the app is a first or third party app.

I can open them from the lock screen, but not when the phone is unlocked. Any idea?

I've turned Siri on and off and hard reset my iPhone, ideally I don't want to erase my iPhone completely as I have already done that once for another issue.

The iPhone is set up as a new iPhone, I never restore from a backup.

image.png image.png

2. Porterhouse, Dec 30, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2015

Porterhouse macrumors newbie

Porterhouse

I'm having similar problems. Siri will not work on my phone; neither will the dictation. The voice recording does work, though, so I know at least that mic on the iPhone works. However, when I direct Siri to do something, the phone just lists all the suggestions that I could ask Siri. It's quite annoying.

I've just acquired an Apple Watch, and Siri/dictation is timing out there as well. I'm not sure if the two are related. (Updated: Apparently this is unrelated; I rebooted the watch and it works as it should now. It's just my IPhone 6 Plus--completely updated with current IOS.)

I had the glass front replaced a while back when I shattered it; would that have caused this issue?

I've also read that not enough available space can cause this issue; how much empty space does it need?

3. Kiimora macrumors 6502a

Kiimora

Siri opens every & any app on my 6s Plus though

4. RUGERMAN macrumors regular

5. \-V-/ Suspended

\-V-/

Telling him how your phone works perfectly isn't going to help his phone work.

6. virginblue4 thread starter macrumors 68000

virginblue4

Tried everything and just couldn't get it to work, so I resorted to doing a restore and now it's working perfectly again. Very strange...

7. nathanalf macrumors regular

nathanalf

Just had to do the same thing! Only thing that fixed it was a clean restore