Siri won't recognize home address for wife.

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by MaulRx, Aug 27, 2014.

1. MaulRx Suspended

I ask siri if she is at home and it says I don't have address for wife then shows me her contact info with the address listed right there. Any ideas?

2. Winona Northdakota macrumors 6502a

Just say, "Siri, Remember that my wife's name is <name of wife as listed in contacts>". Siri will then remember and associate the name in contacts you want as your wife.

3. MaulRx thread starter Suspended

Yea the association isn't the problem. It tells me that it has no address for her then proceeds to display said address on screen.

If I ask Siri what her address is, Siri shows me the correct address but when I ask if she's home it says it has no address for her.

4. Winona Northdakota macrumors 6502a

Siri won't recognize home address for wife.

You would also need to associate home with your wife also. If there are any slight discrepancies with the addresses between you, that I assume you have designated home, and what is entered as hers, it might not recognize. I would copy and paste the exact address from your personal contact to her contact and then try. You never know. Computers can be fussy like that.

5. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

Unless I'm missing something (possible), is the issue that you're asking Siri if your wife is home in the first place? As far as I know, that's not something Siri can do so maybe it's completely throwing Siri off?

6. MaulRx thread starter Suspended

Maybe it can't. Would expect an I can't do that message though rather then being told it has no address for her.

Oh well just a curious bug I guess

7. Winona Northdakota macrumors 6502a

When I ask Siri, if my wife is home, it tells me "Here is the home address for <wife's name>".

8. MaulRx thread starter Suspended

For me it says I don't have an address for...

If Siri were an actual assistant she'd be fired lol

9. Winona Northdakota macrumors 6502a

Works fine for me.

10. MaulRx thread starter Suspended

The apple people didn't know what it make of it.