Siri won't set reminders by location.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by uRabbit, Nov 8, 2011.

1. uRabbit macrumors member

I have added to my contacts locations that we frequent. Such as, our credit union, downtown, Target, etc. I asked Siri to remind me to go to my bank when we left Target, but it just came up with the whole spiel about not understanding me, and explaining that I could set a reminder for a time or when I leave or arrive from/at a location.

Also, cannot call people based on their nicknames.

2. Kosm macrumors newbie

try this

try this...

you- "remind me when I leave target"
    Siri- "ok, just tell me what you want to be reminded about."
    you- "go to the bank"

should then set up a reminder for you when you leave target.( if you set up a target in you contacts, witch you have)

I've field this question already before in the last week.

hope that helped.

3. uRabbit thread starter macrumors member

That worked. However, does this mean that Apple has falsely marketed Siri? In the commercial, the runner gives Siri a similar multi-function command. I guess Siri is not as smart as I thought?

Thank you, btw! :)

4. skyalite macrumors newbie

Actually, I've found that you have to state it as the location's "Home." For example, if I tell Siri to remind me to get eggs when I get to Kroger, she proceeds to ask me when I would like to be reminded, but if I tell her to remind me when I arrive at Kroger's Home, it works perfectly in one single command. :)