siri0us is causing a SERIOUS problem >:(

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by iVB, Mar 3, 2012.

1. iVB macrumors member

Well, it started when I tried to be urban and try Siri on my iPhone 4 which I am regretting now!! I hate Siri and don't want it anymore.

ANYWAY. I installed a tweak I read about "Siri0us" to enjoy Siri. But instead, I dis-enjoyed AN INFINITE RESPRING LOOP which made my life a disaster.

via iExplorer, I deleted:
    /System/Library/PrivateFramewo*rks/AssistantServices.framewor*k.
    root>library>mobilesubstrate>d**ynamiclibraries DELETED BOTH .PLIST AND .DYLIB for siri0us

still the annoying loop.

I tried to search via iFunBox for seri0us files to delete them but it won't recognize my iPhone no matter how many times I try.

is there any other way to search for files inside iPhone, or any other solution. that would be super-appreciated!

2. EngageWithRage macrumors 6502

EngageWithRage

You can try iExplorer, should allow you to view those files..notsure how well it will work considering your phone keeps looping

The alternative is a restore =/

3. iVB thread starter macrumors member

as I said pal I tried to find manually every file that contains (Siri0us) and deleted them. but that is not practical and also not enough to ensure the process.

I only need iFunBox to recognize my device so I can search for them and eliminate them.

a restore is the last and least option I am looking for here!

4. iVB thread starter macrumors member

ok nobody knows. but at least can someone tell me how to restore with iTunes refusing to open my device saying that it is "locked"???!!!

very frustrated, I didn't sync and I cannot a back-up:confused:

5. EngageWithRage macrumors 6502

EngageWithRage

As far as I know pal the only thing you can do to unlock it now is to put the device in DFU mode and restore it. Google should help you get that done.

6. iVB thread starter macrumors member

then I'll lose EVERYTHING just because of that stupid thing!! :eek:

7. EngageWithRage macrumors 6502

EngageWithRage

Unfortunately, you had some hope before, but now that you're saying its locked then that looks like your last option. It also might be good idea to see if anyone else has some input

8. iVB thread starter macrumors member

seems like no one has any idea. anyway, thanks pal for trying to help :)