Siri's future and internationalization

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by emir, Sep 16, 2012.

1. emir macrumors 6502a

emir

Hi all

Is Siri officially out of beta now with iOS 6? I think it's progressed a bit but it really has a long way to cover. For example, why is this new sports scores etc feature is just with limited leagues? I mean, UEFA champions League for example, which millions follow, should've been there.

Also, i am living in Turkey and we didn't used to have places and directions for Turkey but with iOS 6 GM we have it. I ask for gas stations it shows me something quite irrelevant. I ask for closest restaurants, it shows the farthest restaurant also. Is this because of new maps or Siri i can't get that.

Also, a great feature for Siri would be making her listen to music and tell which song it was, show the lyrics and info if possible. I mean things Soundhound and Shazam applications are doing now. If Siri was able of that, that would be awesome.

Also she still can't toggle wifi or bluetooth.

Where do you think Siri's future lies?

If there's already another thread about this sorry for opening this one, but i opened this with the intention of saying why there aren't sports events i care about and places in Turkey.

thanks

2. scottytwo macrumors member

it's related to siri's sources. It's my understanding she / he is not allowed to refer to google. In Australia she uses yelp, tomtom GPS to refine searches which has been developed fairly well.

3. Nevzorus macrumors 6502

Siri isn't done yet and you will be able to search for restaurants near you in your own language.

4. emir thread starter macrumors 6502a

emir

rather than restaurants i desperately want to learn scores in champions league, (not only premier league) and want siri to listen to songs and tell the names of them. it's ok if it's english also, doesn't matter if it's my own language or not.

5. hektor5wolf macrumors member

Well....they took location support from Siri in Japan! It was working till June, now it suddenly says "I cant look for places in Japan"