Siri's Voice Change

Discussion in 'iOS 5 and earlier' started by fraggot, Oct 18, 2011.

1. fraggot macrumors 6502

Did anyone else have Siri's voice change slightly? Even my girlfriend noticed it last night.

I hadn't messed around with it for a day or so cause of work and such, but when I did her voice sounded much more robotic.

She also pronounced things differently then she used to.

Has anyone else noticed?

2. Puonti macrumors 6502a

Did you change Siri's language settings? I could be just imagining it, but when I was watching a demonstration video Siri sounded more depressed when the person selected English (Australia) instead of US :p

3. motoleo macrumors 6502a

motoleo

I don't think they are all the same. I went to AT&T today, and the Siri on display sounded "younger" than mine...odd

4. locust76 macrumors 6502a

Just wait until the next iPhone comes, Siri will sound like an old woman who's had throat cancer, still smokes and lives with 20 cats.

5. ah123 macrumors regular

6. akuma13 macrumors 6502a

akuma13

I noticed the depressed Siri too. It happened after I jailbreaked my phone.

7. rockstarjoe macrumors 6502a

rockstarjoe

I thought I was crazy but I noticed this the other day too. SIRI has always sounded very robotic on my 4S, but the other day I asked her something and she responded in a very natural sounding, fluid response. I thought they were doing some upgrades, but it sounds like things are going backwards for you. Very odd!

8. MasterHowl macrumors 65816

MasterHowl

I don't know if I'm just imagining it, but Siri seems to understand me a lot more than he did when I first got my 4S, and seems to be giving more natural, fluid answers...

9. Chris230291 macrumors member

You don't suppose the data signal quality could effect siri? Or even the load put on the device at the time?

@ MasterHowl, I believe siri "learns" as you use it.

10. Hastings101 macrumors 68000

Hastings101

Do you think she'd talk dirty to me about her cats?

11. b166er macrumors 68020

b166er

Since none of the answers are "stored" on the phone, you are getting a new batch of data every time you ask Siri something. So any changes in tone could be tweaks on apple's end I suppose. I noticed slight variations too, even with repeated answers. Sometimes Siri almost sounds happy or excited (like when I ask about the weather and it's nice out), sometimes it sounds confused or just simply robotic (which I thought would have been normal).

12. AustinIllini macrumors demi-god

AustinIllini

If you stand under a radio tower, Siri eventually throws up on herself, slurs her speech, then passes out.

13. Chris230291 macrumors member

Siri is a dude here. I think you can change it but i don't have a 4s, i just played with a mates 4s for a little bit.