Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jebbe

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 16, 2009
Louisville, KY
Did anyone else have Siri's voice change slightly? Even my girlfriend noticed it last night.

I hadn't messed around with it for a day or so cause of work and such, but when I did her voice sounded much more robotic.

She also pronounced things differently then she used to.

Has anyone else noticed?

Puonti

macrumors 68000
Mar 14, 2011
Did you change Siri's language settings? I could be just imagining it, but when I was watching a demonstration video Siri sounded more depressed when the person selected English (Australia) instead of US :p

motoleo

macrumors 6502a
Jan 27, 2012
I don't think they are all the same. I went to AT&T today, and the Siri on display sounded "younger" than mine...odd

locust76

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2009
Just wait until the next iPhone comes, Siri will sound like an old woman who's had throat cancer, still smokes and lives with 20 cats.

akuma13

macrumors 6502a
Jan 10, 2006
Did you change Siri's language settings? I could be just imagining it, but when I was watching a demonstration video Siri sounded more depressed when the person selected English (Australia) instead of US :p

I noticed the depressed Siri too. It happened after I jailbreaked my phone.

rockstarjoe

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2006
washington dc
I thought I was crazy but I noticed this the other day too. SIRI has always sounded very robotic on my 4S, but the other day I asked her something and she responded in a very natural sounding, fluid response. I thought they were doing some upgrades, but it sounds like things are going backwards for you. Very odd!

MasterHowl

macrumors 65816
Oct 3, 2010
North of England
I don't know if I'm just imagining it, but Siri seems to understand me a lot more than he did when I first got my 4S, and seems to be giving more natural, fluid answers...

Chris230291

macrumors member
Feb 22, 2011
You don't suppose the data signal quality could effect siri? Or even the load put on the device at the time?

@ MasterHowl, I believe siri "learns" as you use it.

b166er

macrumors 68020
Apr 17, 2010
Philly
Since none of the answers are "stored" on the phone, you are getting a new batch of data every time you ask Siri something. So any changes in tone could be tweaks on apple's end I suppose. I noticed slight variations too, even with repeated answers. Sometimes Siri almost sounds happy or excited (like when I ask about the weather and it's nice out), sometimes it sounds confused or just simply robotic (which I thought would have been normal).

panerista

macrumors G5
Oct 20, 2011
Austin, TX
You don't suppose the data signal quality could effect siri? Or even the load put on the device at the time?

@ MasterHowl, I believe siri "learns" as you use it.

If you stand under a radio tower, Siri eventually throws up on herself, slurs her speech, then passes out.

Chris230291

macrumors member
Feb 22, 2011
Siri is a dude here. I think you can change it but i don't have a 4s, i just played with a mates 4s for a little bit.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.