Sirius App coming soon...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rednano74, Jan 30, 2009.

1. rednano74 macrumors member

2. DEAN616 macrumors member

OOOOOHHHHHHH MYYYYYYYYY. This is the day ive been wanting to hear since getting my touch and iphone. This will be my number one app. Can not wait to use it. Thanks soooooooo much to all the developers. (my dreams are coming true)

3. calvy macrumors 65816

I would have been excited about this a few months ago before the programming went to crap with the combination of XM/Sirius channels. RIP Left of Center.

4. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

So this is like the fourth thread started on this now.

You are a little LATE to the party.

As they like to say on this forum, SEARCH is your friend and prevents duplicate posts.

5. Foamer macrumors regular

agreed! the programming went WAY downhill when they replaced many of the good sirius channels with the xm counterparts.

My S-Seek on my receivers also no longer works (and it was the main reason I bought a pair of sportster 5's)

6. duelingdragons macrumors 65816

Or you could just not care so much about there being more than one thread about it.

Just saying...

7. bki122689 macrumors 6502

bki122689

sirius and xm are they merging ???
    then if they do thats gonna be a monopoly

8. Rob Mclovin macrumors 6502

LOL no need to use fancy law studies words here, they've been merged for atleast 4-5 months now, and there is no other satellite radio companies, atleast that I don't know of, so it's not monopoly.

9. rednano74 thread starter macrumors member

They have been merged for months and anyone following the possibility for the last 2 years knew Mel was gonna make it happen. The companies just had to merged for the soul survival of satellite radio. The start up costs for these companies were huge and now $1B in debt is due at the end of this year. Will Sirius/XM make it? :(

Monopoly? Hardly my friend. Sirius/XM are in the music/electronic industry which means they are competing against the iPhone, all mp3 players, mp3 stores, HD Radio, Internet radio, and a lot more.

10. ghayenga macrumors regular

And that's not just rednano74's opinion, that's what the Justice Department said when they approved the merger.

11. cwwilson macrumors 65816

cwwilson

I don't have a subscription anymore but hopefully they give out a free trial app that works for a week to see if it's worth the money.

12. xraydoc macrumors 604

xraydoc

I hope the app makes its way through Apple's vetting procedure unharmed. Can't wait for Howard Stern at work.

13. Rob Mclovin macrumors 6502

For the soul survival or satellite radio, don't think so. Ever since Siriusxm released the info about the price increases for the online streaming ALOY of people are starting to cancel. Mels greediness is gonna get him in the a$$ eventually. People don't wanna pay the extra 2.99 a month for so ething that was free for the last 5-6 years, and many of the hardcore opie and Anthony fans are cancelling, and siriusxm music stations suck now.

14. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

First university coding class = 46 years ago
    It's "sole" survival, guys. Although your spelling is interesting in a metaphysical way.

:)

15. dissdnt macrumors 65816

dissdnt

16. gotzaiPhone macrumors member

exactly. Why the hell do I now need to pay for something that has been included for the last 4 years of my subscription. And honestly, the only reason I've kept XM is for O&A. Though it will be nice to get them anywhere any time (202 the virus is a streaming channel), I don't think it will be worth the extra 36 bucks a year on top of my subscription costs.

And to anyone else, I know if I re-up on my contract, I can keep the internet access for free, but I'm currently on a 3 month at a time renewal and I like that cause if I want to leave, I can quicker than if I pay for a year or life time subscription.

17. bki122689 macrumors 6502

bki122689

how is monopoly a fancy law word??? i don't understand your logic.

thanks for clearing this up for me, i havent really been following the sirius xm merge

18. richg916 macrumors regular

If you pay for the lifetime they wont charge you a monthly fee for internet access... (and lifetime was $399.99 on sale at the beginning of the month).

19. Rob Mclovin macrumors 6502

I was kidding...
    Time for you to find the joke class instead of the law studies one.

20. dissdnt macrumors 65816

dissdnt

I only listen to O&A too. I think this might be my last year reup'ing with this stupid new price.

I usually grab them off a torrent or newsgroups anyway.

21. branjosef macrumors 6502a

branjosef

They can't be serious? Sirius? Seriously? Sirius? Serious? Sirius? :D

22. dissdnt macrumors 65816

dissdnt

why so Sirius?

23. gotzaiPhone macrumors member

I know, but the problem is that I would be basically paying 400 bucks for O&A and they don't have the best track record of staying on the air very long. I'd hate for something to happen again where they're gone and then I have no need for satellite's crappy quality music.

24. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

I wouldn't pay $400 for a lifetime sub for anything with a future so as uncertain as Sirius/XM. We have no idea if they will even be around by summer.