Sirius app

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by mrjayd, Mar 10, 2010.

1. mrjayd macrumors regular

It's been quite a while since this app came out. When are we going to get Howard on there already. I have sent numerous emails on the howardTV site but no one ever responds. Has anyone heard anything?

2. chrisperro macrumors 6502

chrisperro

get ootunes or pocket tunes and search for howard 101 or try shoutcast that is free.
    I know you pay money for sirius but for now thats an alternative and free.

3. Nicksd84 macrumors 6502

Unfortunately it's not necessarly under howard's control. It has some BS with licensing of rights to air ****. It's not just his show that doesn't air on the iPhone. I think a couple of the sports don't air and some other crap.

4. jbennardo macrumors 6502a

jbennardo

In Howard's case it IS under his control - well he and Don Buchwald. When the app first came out people called the show to ask and he was pretty short regarding the explanation. "It's contractual" :rolleyes:

He chooses not to license out his content on that medium I guess - just like the NFL and some of those other sports mentioned by a previous poster.:(

5. Gix1k macrumors 68030

Gix1k

I listen to Stern everyday on my iPhone. Live or the west coast feed that starts at 9am.

6. mrjayd thread starter macrumors regular

But not through the Sirius app right? What are you using?

7. iphone1105 macrumors 68020

iphone1105

I use pocket tunes myself, and have been since pocket tunes debuted sirius/xm support....great app too!

8. mgamber macrumors 6502a

mgamber

yeah, give up on the sirius app and use pocket tunes. It's actually worth the money, the sirius app is junk.

9. AndyCodez macrumors regular

I agree with this, it eats the battery 10 times faster than pandora does lol. (3G atleast) . I'll have to try one of these other applications. Mostly listen to jason ellis since i cant get howard on the standard app lol.

10. LSUtigers03 macrumors 68020

LSUtigers03

If you use pocket tunes or any other radio app with sirius do you have to have a premium online account like you need with the sirius app?

11. joesegal76 macrumors member

Yes... It basically takes you to the Sirius online stream site within pocket tunes browser and you have to enter your password.

12. skillz1318 macrumors regular

I use OOO Tunes and really like this app also has tons of FM stations. Have heard pockettunes and ooo tunes are the best for stern fans. I got ooo tunes one day when it was on sale a few months back.