Sirius Starplayr Back

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by iphone529, Apr 3, 2009.

1. iphone529 macrumors regular

2. gadgetdad macrumors 6502a

gadgetdad

Pocket tunes fixed this for me. No need to have any other software.

3. MaxPower49 macrumors 6502a

4. lindsayanng macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

i dont know.. could be VERY interesting.. Not a HUGE fan of the other one right now..

5. JonHimself macrumors 68000

JonHimself

Unfortunately for this program (and possibly the official app) the pocket tunes app also solved the problem for me.

6. iphone529 thread starter macrumors regular

id rather wait for an official app. seems like they are going to have some cool features.

7. MaxPower49 macrumors 6502a

for now... who knows how long it will last before Sirius sends pocket tunes a cease and desist.

8. DotComCTO macrumors 6502

I also have Pocket Tunes Radio running and think it's a great stopgap and well worth the $10. But you can't compare a native app like the one the Nicemac team created to an application that is automating the navigation through the Sirius/XM web page. The native app had all the station switching and song ID info, along with lyrics and song purchasing.

As for the legality of the Pocket Tunes Radio app as it relates to Sirius/XM...who really knows. I thought I saw in the Nicemac twitter feed that Todd thought the approach was clever and probably within the SiriusXM rules. The Pocket Tunes Radio app is just navigating the web page and streaming the audio - just as if you were sitting in front of your computer and doing the same thing. It's really hard to argue that Pocket Tunes is doing something wrong.

So, in conclusion...really enjoying Pocket Tunes, but waiting for a great native app. I truly hope that Nicemac gets their payday because they got shafted.

:cool:

--DotComCTO