Sirius XM to Release FREE iPhone Application

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Metsfan7450, Mar 3, 2009.

1. Metsfan7450 macrumors regular

Metsfan7450

Has anyone else seen this article? I'm lost. I thought Starplayr wasn't created by Sirius/XM. Is this a different app they're talking about that's going to be offered for free? Is this a case of Sirius/XM showing up to the party a little late and was the uSirius app really rejected?

http://siriusbuzz.com/sirius-xm-to-release-free-iphone-application.php

2. PoitNarf macrumors 65816

PoitNarf

According to everything I've been reading about StarPlayr for iPhone, they've been working with the Sirius XM guys to get it up and running. Why they would bother doing that if they were developing their own app in house makes no sense at all. Also StarPlayr is available for many other smart phones as well as PC and Mac clients, so why would they only care about blocking it on the iPhone? Also the press release by NiceMac says that the app wasn't rejected, but wouldn't be approved at this time, so it's basically in limbo right now. Hopefully it reaches the app store sometime soon.

3. PoitNarf macrumors 65816

PoitNarf

4. slu macrumors 68000

slu

You'd think what with their back door price increase they'd want to release something to sell the streaming service. I am personally fed up with Sirius and will be canceling when my sub runs out. The backdoor price increase and the lack of an iPhone app really put me over the top. I take public transportation to work and would listen there. With no iPhone app and the extra fee for streaming, I can't justify paying $180/yr for radio that is only in my car.

I like the product, but the company is just clueless. Nobody buys the service for Opera, Martha Stewart, Tony Hawk, or Bam Margera. Talk about a waste of money. I think they are doomed.

5. nicheco macrumors member

just hold on

it will come. just have patience. siruis is having all kinds of trouble right now. the last thing they want to do is bother with an iphone app. i'm sure they are working with the team, but it's not top priority. i would LOVE this app. i listen 24/7 in my room, but on my iphone would be sweet. howard 100.

6. hexonxonx macrumors 601

There is someone on the Stern forum claiming to know that Sirius/XM has no app in beta right now and they have no plans on developing one. They did have one in development months ago but then that ended.

7. Deathshead macrumors newbie

Ya Because people on the stern forum are so credible. LOL!