Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BurntReality

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 21, 2010
Tyler, TX
Just downloaded the Sirius4Ever tweak from BigBoss. Claims to stop the inactivity timeouts. Tweaks like this make me love my jailbroken iPhone 4 even more.

bmms8

macrumors 68020
Dec 19, 2007
guys i saw this yesterday. i do not have the app from the app store, but can yall tell me how it compares to pandora for those who have tried both? thanks!

BurntReality

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 21, 2010
Tyler, TX
They are different programs really. Pandora becomes to repetitive for me when listening to it for several hours. Sirius/XM is subscription based. I prefer the Sirius/XM app.

is300guy

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2009
Fresno, Ca
They are different programs really. Pandora becomes to repetitive for me when listening to it for several hours. Sirius/XM is subscription based. I prefer the Sirius/XM app.

So do you have to be a suscriber in order to have Sirius? Or will this tweak allow you to bypass that?

is300guy

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2009
Fresno, Ca
LOL, don't get you wrong? You blatantly ask if this can bypass asking if it can get you the service free! What were we to expect? hahaha:confused:

You sir can call it what you want, it was just strictly a simple question, which I didn't know the answer to, which explains why I asked in the first place. This forum is to help the community answer questions and share great info. My question was answered and thats all that there is to it. Being mocked at is certaintly uncool.

psywzrd

macrumors 68030
Feb 6, 2008
It will not allow you to bypass a subscription, nor should it. Howard deserves to get paid.

When you say subscription, you're specifically referring to the $2.99/month (or whatever it is) Sirius/XM online subscription, right? I used to have that but never used it so now I just have my regular subscription for my car radio. Is there any way I can listen through an app or whatever without paying the $2.99/month or is that online sub a requirement to listen?

tjb1

macrumors 68000
Aug 26, 2010
Pennsylvania, USA
I currently have a car receiver for XM and when I get my iphone/android device here in the next 2 months I plan on canceling the car subscription ($10) and moving to an online subscription ($3) but I have heard some bad stories about XM not canceling/changing what you what...and how is the online selection compared to the car receivers? I remember them saying some channels are limited.

rvvisse

macrumors newbie
Jun 28, 2010
I currently have a car receiver for XM and when I get my iphone/android device here in the next 2 months I plan on canceling the car subscription ($10) and moving to an online subscription ($3) but I have heard some bad stories about XM not canceling/changing what you what...and how is the online selection compared to the car receivers? I remember them saying some channels are limited.

Unfortunately the $3 online subscription is a feature or addition to your car subscription. You must have both to receive online radio. :(

P.S. RED DRAGONS!

hidefguy

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2009
Unfortunately the $3 online subscription is a feature or addition to your car subscription. You must have both to receive online radio. :(

P.S. RED DRAGONS!

You dont need the $3 subscription to listen online, if you are a subscriber you can already do that. The $3 subscription is a premium sound option ie higher bitrate for better sound. You do need this tho to use the Sirius xm app or you can purchase pocket tunes and listen to Sirius on that app.

jpetticrew

macrumors 6502a
May 13, 2009
Texas
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/8C148)

rvvisse said:

P.S. RED DRAGONS!

Young Wing!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.