SiriusXM Launches New App for Apple TV

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Dec 7, 2017.

1. chrfr macrumors 604

Yes.

2. H3LL5P4WN macrumors 65816

H3LL5P4WN

My gf's family has a subscription for some reason, and I had a free trial when I bought my Jeep.

The reception in my Jeep was terrible both before and after I replaced the antenna. The actual quality in my Jeep as well as in her and her family's fleet of Kias and Hyundais (don't get me started) is akin to a 128kbps mp3 or worse.

And I apologize, I thought format in radio terms meant something different. So yes, their playlists. I don't enjoy a) some corporate shlub (trying so hard to be edgy that they're instead cringy) telling me what I should hear, and b) I don't enjoy hearing that repeated every 35-45 minutes.

And I'm certainly not going to pay money for that experience.

See, I knew I wasn't crazy. And I wouldn't even call Pittsburgh a huge metropolitan area either (not compared to LA or NY, where all SXM's DJs are). And that's another good point; why would I care even remotely about what some out of stater thinks is good?

3. Booch21 macrumors regular

Booch21

Can't wait to try it. Samsung app built into the TV is horrible. Sometimes I just want to play music while I futz around the house.

I personally love Sirius/XM. When traveling, I don't have to worry about losing signal. Great on my motorcycle too!

4. robjulo macrumors 65816

This. Never pay SiriusXM full price. They'll take half the full price. I've never had them say "no" about cutting a deal when I call to cancel. Some cash from a customer is better than no cash from that customer.

5. machpost macrumors 6502

machpost

The streaming audio quality is far better than what you get over satellite.

The new Apple TV app is a bit clunky and slow to respond. Hopefully they'll continue to improve it with regular updates.

6. larrylaffer macrumors 6502a

larrylaffer

This company must have seen the light and dumped whoever they were paying to do their mobile dev, because their app spent years being a complete piece of trash. Suddenly in the last few months, they've fixed bugs, adapted the UI to larger phones, did a CarPlay interface, and now this.

Baba booey.

7. BigBag macrumors newbie

I can't seem to actually log in to the ATV SiriusXM app. My login works fine on web, iPhone and iPad... but ATV? Not so much. Is that just me?

8. mac666er macrumors regular

Thanks for sharing this, I actually listen to SiriusXM for many hours every day, so I pay for it anyway every year. Didn't realize I could call in to ask for a 50%+ discount.

I called in just now and got "all in" for $90 a year.

9. hface119 macrumors member

After using CarPlay for a while with Sirius, I’m finding they need to add a “favorite” option to a station so it can be added to your favorites, and a “go live” button on the Now Playing screen. The app will pick up where you left off on a station and it’s clunky at best (starting different station, go back to other station) to get it to go live. You could hit “go live” on the iPhone but that sort of defeats the hands free purpose.

10. chrfr macrumors 604

I've gotten tripped up signing into Sirius streaming in the past because the username is case-sensitive, unlike nearly any other service I can think of, so maybe that's your problem.

11. nburwell macrumors 601

nburwell

Agreed. I have SiriusXM in my car and I always set a reminder the day before my subscription ends to call and cancel. Usually they offer me some sort of special rate to keep me as a customer.

Currently, I'm paying $9.30/month until April 2018 which includes internet streaming. And you know I will be calling them back in April to see what other rates they have to keep me.

12. BigBag macrumors newbie

Thanks, tried that but that but to no avail. Also tried changing my password just to see, but also nada. I loathe having to get on the phone with Sirius tech support, but I'm concerned I may not have a choice. Argh.

13. imac wannabe macrumors regular

Like the app but it keeps logging off every time I leave. Anyone else with this issue and/or a work around? There is no setting to stay logged on in the app or under “apps” in ATV settings...

Paul