SiriusXM - Network error?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by sparkstsa, Apr 20, 2011.

1. sparkstsa macrumors regular

Anyone getting "There was a network error" message when opening the app? It's been doing it on my iphone and ipad since last night. I can go to their website and listen online fine.

2. NashMan2 macrumors regular

I just checked and it works fine on my iPhone4.

3. sd2thdr macrumors newbie

Yep

I have been having the same problem since last night, iphone, itouch. Finally the touch is working but still no iPhone!
    Anyone having better luck or ideas.
    I did the OS update last night.

4. robc21 macrumors newbie

Same on my iPad, but works on iPhone 4

Same thing here on the iPad, but the iPhone 4 works just fine, both have where updated yesterday. Even tried deleting the app on the iPad and re downloading it but the same results.

5. jad814 macrumors newbie

Same thing on iPhone 4 on Verizon Wireless.

What I can say is I can confirm it worked post-update without an issue, and it's definitely a today thing (at least for me).

The best was when I called Sirius|XM they gave me the phone # to Apple Support...

As someone who has helped run a Call Center, Sirius|XM's customer service is just so blatantly poorly outsourced it's beyond humor.

6. rloechner macrumors member

rloechner

I am receiving the same error on my iPad2. I tried switching networks (yes I have 2 running) and I immediately receive that error message. How annoying :mad:!

update: this does however work on my iPhone4 - over 3g. I wonder if it has anything to do with wifi vs 3g connections?

7. jlands66 macrumors newbie

I updated my Verizon iphone last night. After, I get the same network error message with Sirius XM over 3G or WiFi.

8. sd2thdr macrumors newbie

I see complaints on Facebook and apple support for the same issue.
    Wonder if it has something to do with flash not being compatible anymore after update?

9. jad814 macrumors newbie

For what it's worth I successfully just got logged in to Sirius|XM on my Verizon iPhone 4...

10. sparkstsa thread starter macrumors regular

They must have fixed the problem. My iphone and ipad apps are now working.

11. rnwjr macrumors newbie

The same thing is happening to me again today.