Site critique please!

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by jmcloud, Jan 1, 2009.

1. jmcloud macrumors newbie

I recently created this site for the church I work at. It's my first shot at a site in iWeb. In the past I've used Frontpage, and I know an extremely limited amount of HTML coding but not really any CSS. This site is pretty much completely done in iWeb "drag-and-drop" style. Please let me know what you think, I'd appreciate any and all feedback.

FCCAlive.net

2. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

The site looks great, oh wait no it doesn't, it's invisible!! You forgot to supply a link to the site ;)

3. jmcloud thread starter macrumors newbie

4. d.watson08 macrumors newbie

Hey jmcloud,
    The site looks great. I really like the enter picture.

One thing I did notice was that some of the pages are not aligned to the other ones. Click along your links looking at the page as a whole and you will see what I mean. Also the menu moves around. Just makes the page changes very jumpy.

Id also be tempted to keep the church logo on every page. Some people may not enter your site on the home page when they are searching from google etc, if they land on a different page they may not see what the page is for straight away.

Otherwise the overall feel and content layout is very comfortable and easy to use :)

Darren

5. spacecadet610 macrumors 6502

Looks pretty good. I've heard mixed things about iWeb but looks like you have a handle on it.

I started a site about 3 weeks ago. Started with blogger but just moved to Wordpress. I love wordpress and how customizable is.

Wish i had started doing it earlier.. it's fun.

6. mohmand macrumors newbie

Your website looks very nice mate, I didn't know one could make an impressive webpage as this with iweb, I am gona have to try it too.

Well done