site like musicmobs or itunes registry...any out there?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by howard, Feb 18, 2010.

1. howard macrumors 68020

howard

Since neither of these sites are around anymore to the extent that they were before... does anyone know of any sites like them that are still going?

For those who don't know, these sites would compile the data from your itunes library xml file and provide graphs/stats about your listening. Whether that be which artist has the most playcounts or your avg. star rating for album or artist...etc.

Now its pretty much just last.fm but that only works with tracks it has "scrobbled" and not your total itunes stats.

is there anything else?

2. howard thread starter macrumors 68020

howard

3. ZazenZach macrumors member

i dunno about the question, but i checked out your music and its really good man.

damn fine job.

4. howard thread starter macrumors 68020

howard

5. tkermit macrumors 68040

tkermit

I use 'itunes Statistician' which is a local application that works but seems to have been abandoned by its developer. (don't let it check for updates when it asks you to) It's relatively limited in its functionality though, so I'd be interested in something more advanced, too.

You can actually also use last.fm's scrobbling app to upload your current total iTunes stats. I think it'll only ask you to upload that data for fresh accounts and only when the app is executed for the first time. Of course, this will make your statistics visible to everyone (I think), and song properties like star rating won't be taken into account

6. howard thread starter macrumors 68020

howard

just downloaded the statistician. this is most of what I've been looking for, thanks!

7. Caelum macrumors newbie

Don't know if this helps, but if you use Last.fm, then this can show you some stats about your listening.