Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

discosweat

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 6, 2013
There is a website that I access regularly for a class on a computer, and recently tried to do so on my iPad. The website will open, but when I access one portion of it, the pages tells me that the information is not available, and gives a few possible reasons, including that it "may not be available on mobile devices".

Since the website itself works, is there a way to trick it into not recognizing my device as mobile? There are no links or options to view a desktop version vs. a mobile version, so it doesn't seem that I'm viewing the wrong 'version' of the page.

max53389

macrumors member
Jul 25, 2012
The easy way: find a browser in the App Store that will be able to show a desktop version like chrome for example. Safari on its own cannot do this.
Slightly harder way: jailbreak the download User Agent Faker from Cydia and go into the setting to change it to a desktop browser. Safari now will display the desktop versions of the site.

You probably will do the first one since its the easiest to do.
Also this still not solve your problem as safari and any other browser may not have the correct plugins needed to run the site. Mainly probably flash for example.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.