Site not loading correctly in safari

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by buoptip, Apr 13, 2009.

1. buoptip macrumors newbie

Well for all the main sites I visit with safari they load up fine. But one site and only one doesn't display correctly. It shows up fine in firefox but not in safari. I can use the site alright in safari but I would like it if I could make it display correctly. And I really don't feel like switching over to firefox because I prefer using safari. So is there any way I can fix this issue without having to switch browsers every time I visit the site.

Thanks in advance

2. Carrot007 macrumors regular

Carrot007

Well since you don't mention the site or your problem it would be hard to say anything of use.

However as long as there are different browsers things will render differently in each one.

It is not really a problem though. I pretty much always use firefox myself. However for one of my banking sites, it just does not work (even though they say it does!), however it works in safari.

Sometimes you just have to use a different browser. That is probably a good thing and you don't want to stagnate and only have one choice, using something else keeps things fresh!

3. buoptip thread starter macrumors newbie

Well I can't say the sites name in public (I know i know, just a rule they have lol). It's really just that near the top and bottom of the page it's supposed to be gray but safari renders it as black. And the spacing between the navigation bar and user info is not large enough in safari.

4. Sorkvild macrumors 6502

Do you actually believe someone here is able to help without providing the site? What can anyone reading this hope to offer you? Unless you reveal what site it is there is nothing anyone can do...

5. michael.lauden macrumors 68020

michael.lauden

you can submit a bug report.

and what is this... fight club?

6. buoptip thread starter macrumors newbie

Lol, no it's just a very small private site.

7. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

the site is probably just built to look fine in IE. Safari renders pages pretty much exactly the same as Chrome, Firefox, Opera etc. as they are built on open source compliances.

8. michael.lauden macrumors 68020

michael.lauden

ha well if the site is very private i guess you should take it up with the admins there... they can probably help you.

but until then - if you go to that site a lot... you could try to make a fluid instance out of it - perhaps the stripped down browser in their program would display it right?

9. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

10. mrj205 macrumors regular

Wait, what? Since when is any website private? Last time I checked I can find just about anything I want on the internet. The only privacy is whether you are an admin/member/etc. How can a domain be private? Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

11. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

lets stop inquire into questions people repeated said they aren't allowed to answer.

What do you expect to get from that anyway.

The answer has been given, and the problem is not severe.

Let it go.;)

12. michael.lauden macrumors 68020

michael.lauden

a few posts above you :p