Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lil Chillbil

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 30, 2012
California
My site www.k2smedia.com is not loading from my home network on any of my devices.

Troubleshooting steps so far
Tried all Macs/Pcs/phones on network
Reset Comcast Modem/Router Combo
Tried different browsers and cleared cache.

it does load from sprint LTE and no one else is having trouble loading it.

belvdr

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2005
Really? Normally, you can access these settings, even from a provided router. Which router do you have?

belvdr

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2005
I had an Arris with Time Warner and the login was admin/password. Have you tried to login to it?

Altemose

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2013
Elkton, Maryland
I have a default comcast router, i'll have to buy another router to change my dns

To test whether it is a DNS issue you can change your DNS on a client basis in System Preferences --> Network or Adapter Properties on Windows. Most ISP provided routers do still allow that functionality of DNS settings being edited.

Lil Chillbil

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 30, 2012
California
I've changed my dns, still no luck. The only way I can receive emails from clients now is tethering my iphone to the mac pro.

belvdr

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2005
On a whim, have you shutdown and restarted all of your networking gear? When powering up, power up the device connected to the ISP first, and let it finish booting. Then start booting any other networking devices after that.

For example, if you have a separate cable modem and router, you would power them both off. Wait 15 seconds or more (go get coffee, get a snack, etc.). Power on the cable modem and wait until it finishes initializing and all lights are what they should be. Then power up the router and wait until it does the same.

EDIT: I see where you said you reset the router. Have you done any sort of testing to further troubleshoot the issue, as in using dig to test DNS, traceroute and/or ping, or similar? Are you hosting this on your internal LAN or elsewhere?

Last edited:

cqexbesd

macrumors regular
Jun 4, 2009
Germany
Maybe you could be a bit more precise as to the problem? When you say "not loading" what actual error do you get? Does the name fail to resolve? Does the connection time out? Do you get an error back from the server?

Altemose

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2013
Elkton, Maryland
I was only able to change DNS via single device and not over the router at this point.

Your client DNS settings should be used with priority over the router DNS settings. Essentially, DHCP should simply provide the DNS from the router, but ultimately if a client has it set to a different server it will be used. Are you by chance hosting anything from that domain off of your network? If so, your ISP may have blacklisted the domain for violating some terms of use. It is rare, but occasionally they will catch on to people who host servers and what not on personal accounts.

satcomer

Suspended
Feb 19, 2008
The Finger Lakes Region
I've had weird site-accessing issues with Comcast service. As a test, I've disabled IPv6 on the systems with the problem and that would re-enable access. Something about the way Comcast does IPv6 encapsulation doesn't play nice with my network setup.

The problem is most home routers can do either IPv4 or IPv6 but not both at the same time! That's where most people get tripped up that they don't understand IPv6, even within ISPs!

music7385

macrumors newbie
Nov 23, 2010
Pennsylvania, US
Are you able to ping the site while you are on your LAN? If so, what IP address does it show? Is that IP the same as if you were to do a ping while tethered to your phone?

caskibum

macrumors member
Sep 26, 2014
This is a bit of a necro-post, did you resolve this issue?

If not, run the following and post it back here (redact personal info as needed), both running on your Comcast network and running on your phone tether:
ifconfig
dig k2smedia.com

As well, you indicated you were having issues mailing your client, which I assume is at that domain name. But email and website are most often not at the same IP, so accessing their site and sending / receiving mail are not specifically connected.

Someone indicated that ComCast may have blocked that site and you replied that you have never even port forwarded a minecraft server. It would be the case that you are fine but Comcast has a problem with the k2smedia site. And depending on their hosting setup, it could be that their IP is blocked as part of a larger block, nothing to do specifically with them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.