Site that let's you save a percentage off Apple.com purchases?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by ouphe, Nov 21, 2007.

1. ouphe macrumors regular

I remember seeing, somewhere on this forum, a link to a site that, if you click on the Apple store through their site, will allow you to save 1% (though, for a limited time, 2%!) off your purchase.

Anyone know what this site is? Or something similar? I know it isn't a lot of money, but every little bit counts. I've been going crazy scouring all of the posts I've looked at recently, and tried to search for it, but no luck.

I'm trying to buy tonight, so any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

2. tingly macrumors 6502

I don't know the answer, but you might find discounts there for what you wanna get on Friday

3. ouphe thread starter macrumors regular

I thought about that, but I'm buying a refurb, so I don't think the Friday sales will apply to what I'm looking to buy.

Thanks for the idea, though!

4. eji macrumors 6502

eji

Try FatWallet. Sign up and click through there on your way to the Apple Store. You'll get a percentage -- not much, but it's not chump change either -- off your purchase.

5. ouphe thread starter macrumors regular

6. GlennH macrumors newbie

MrRebates.com was offering 3% back for a limited time (as recently as a week or so ago), but it looks like it's back down to 2% now.

7. pjrobertson macrumors 6502a

If you're a stuedent go to the educational store, and you'll get up to 15% off!

8. notjustjay macrumors 603

notjustjay

You might also sign up with one of those credit cards that offer reward points or dollars, they're often in the 1-2% range.

I have a MasterCard that gives me points toward Sony stuff. I've got $500 banked. I'd buy a nice Bravia LCD TV, if it weren't so darned expensive! Maybe a PS3...

9. GlennH macrumors newbie

5% cash back with Discover Card

I just noticed that The Apple Store has been added to ShopDiscover at a 5% cashback bonus level! This applies if you use a Discover Card and link to The Apple Store via their web portal.

Too late for my big purchase (I went with ebates 2%), but others may be able to benefit from this.

Attached Files:

10. Mindflux macrumors 68000

Mindflux

I use fatwallet for anything I can order that has a rebate. Newegg, MacMall, CircuitCity, Apple... etc

I've 'made' over 200 dollars in fatcash over the last few years.