Sites for iPhone ringtones

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by michaelsviews, Nov 9, 2007.

1. michaelsviews macrumors 65816

I am not having much luck finding ringtones for this iPhone, would some of you care to pass on some URL's

TIA

2. Devil's Refugee macrumors 6502

You have heard of iToner right ?
    Failing which, iTunes ????

Or are you talking about those yesteryear midi tones ??

3. michaelsviews thread starter macrumors 65816

iToner is an application to put them on the device, as far as I know, I am looking for ringtones to download for free? and hopefully NOT purchase. Guess I should have said that before.

Thanks

4. DotComCTO macrumors 6502

An MP3 ringtone will work if you're using iToner (Mac). If you're on a PC platform, I hear that iPhoneRingToneMaker has been updated to work with the current firmware. That software will also let you edit your MP3 before you make a ringtone from it.

Personally, I use iToner and have non-musical MP3 ringtones (e.g., CTU, Uniphone, etc).

--DotComCTO

5. FunkyJunk macrumors regular

FunkyJunk

The OP is talking about good sites with ringtone files. I'd like to see a non-commercial, non-spyware/malware-laden site that hosts these too. I don't necessarily want to turn my music into ringtones (I don't think music works terribly well for that purpose, personally), but I might want more variety than what Apple gives me.

6. MacMonkee macrumors regular

MacMonkee

I know this is a silly question but does iToner hack your iPhone in anyway? I don't want to hack my iPhone but don't particularly want to pay for ringtones either. Do the updates just delete the ringtones or can they mess up the iPhone?

7. michaelsviews thread starter macrumors 65816

You hit the nail on the head and straight into the board, I am looking for ringtones of MP3, and not have to pay for them which from what I read allot of others are looking for some also. :D:apple:

Heck, I'd collect them and put a link to download them off my site

8. mackk macrumors member

Do you have to purchase itoner before you can edit the mp3? Will the trial allow that? I don't want a full song as a ring.

9. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

you can edit the length of mp3 files directly in itunes. get the song info, and set the start/stop times and from the advanced menu, "convert selection to mp3/aac/etc."

10. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

I also hear the "original" way of taking your .aac converted ringtone and changing the extention to .m4r works too. That is free.

And no, iToner does not hack your phone in any way.

11. gceo macrumors 6502a

gceo

The OP asked for URL's......

I've found a TON of good songs, quotes, clips, etc... (Family Guy, Hand Job Protest Song, etc) on Youtube, then I used TubeTV to get the clip into Quicktime, from there export the audio to GarageBand for fade in fade out, then to iTunes for Ringtone.

gotwavs.com is a great source for movie quotes.

I also have a few friends that like myxertones.com for tones.

Basically with Quicktime Pro and GarageBand, you can turn any noise that comes out of your computer into a ringtone.

couple others... http://www.wav-sounds.com/ http://www.wavsource.com/

You can also use seeqpod.com to find pretty much any song out there. Save source file, then QT, etc...

Garage Band + 1.1.2 = Ultimate Ringtone Maker