Sites still auto directing to app store

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Ihateyoumike, Oct 22, 2014.

1. Ihateyoumike macrumors newbie

One of the features of iOS 8 that I was excited for was safari's supposed ability to block sites from redirecting to the App Store withou t user input. I frequent a site called cracked and it, among some others, still automatically pops me over to the App Store for candy crush or that clan game, or one of the others.
    I can't find any info online saying that it's an option that needed to be turned on.

Anyone know anything about this? I have an iPad air and iPhone 5 and it still happens on both of them.

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

3. Ihateyoumike thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you. It's too bad to see it wasn't fixed since it's such an annoyance. I looked first for other threads on it and didn't find any, so thank you for linking those as well.

I hope they get this figured out.

4. hernan1304 macrumors member

I've had the same issue. Worst part is that once it happens because you go to an 'infected' website, it happens randomly on 'clean' websites too unless you clear the cookies, which on iOS Safari can't be done without clearing website data too. Not cool, but at least I figured out that clearing history fixes it... By the way this happened to me in Chrome mobile as well, both set to block popups and I have "do not track" set.