Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheAppleGeek

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 18, 2010
St. Louis
In my Economics class, we have a six-page report due over the company of our choosing. In this report, we must summarize the history of said company, its former and current profits, as well as any other general knowledge that would need to be known about the company.

Since I have been a fan of Apple since I was just a little one, I decided to do the paper over, well, Apple. I consider myself to know more than the average person about Apple; its history, its owners, the current status and all that jazz. But, after I visited here, I came to the conclusion I don't know as much as I thought. Besides basic knowledge (i.e. who the CEO is, when it was started, where it was started, etc.), I think I may need some help regarding other parts of the paper. Would anyone assist me in directing me to a well-knowledgeable site(s) regarding Apple's history?

I know I am going the lazy way out (as I could do a simple Google'ing), but I absolutely love this community and I know at least someone could help me.

Or am I wrong?

miles01110

macrumors Core
Jul 24, 2006
The Ivory Tower (I'm not coming down)
So use some of the 185 sources listed at the bottom of Apple's Wikipedia page.

Alternatively, ask what the point of this particular assignment is. Your class's assignments could all be done by your professor in about 5 minutes each; "History of [company]".

yg17

macrumors Pentium
Aug 1, 2004
St. Louis, MO
No offense, but you should be doing your own research. The idea of writing a research paper is to, you know, research. Asking people on a forum for sources is taking the lazy way out.

TheAppleGeek

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 18, 2010
St. Louis
No offense, but you should be doing your own research. The idea of writing a research paper is to, you know, research. Asking people on a forum for sources is taking the lazy way out.

Yes, I know. It was quite a lazy move, because as soon as I posted this, I began researching for quite some time.

Regardless, I am still interested in the amazing history of Apple.

Rodimus Prime

macrumors G4
Oct 9, 2006
So use some of the 185 sources listed at the bottom of Apple's Wikipedia page.

Alternatively, ask what the point of this particular assignment is. Your class's assignments could all be done by your professor in about 5 minutes each; "History of [company]".

bingo. That is the correct way to use Wiki. While wiki can not be used as a source it is a great way to find sources for said project.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.