Size compare mbp 15" and 17"

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jackfrost123, Mar 9, 2009.

1. jackfrost123 macrumors 6502

Is the size diff. that much? Is the 17 inch a beast or just larger lappie?:apple:

2. ab2650 macrumors 6502a

I'm going out on a limb and saying "about 2 inches." :p

Personally, I chose the 15" because of portability. A few ounces lighter and a few inches smaller makes a bigger difference to me than a admittedly nice sized screen.

I'd suggest heading into an Apple store or mac retailer and checking them out in person, if that's possible.

3. Pika macrumors 68000

Pika

Just a larger lappy. But not a beast compared to the 15".

4. ab2650 macrumors 6502a

Jeez James, now all you need is the unibody MacBook to round out your collection!

5. James Cole macrumors 6502

I have both one... and it does make a differance... the 17'' doesnt feel that portable or tossable as the 15''

So If you take it out at least twice a week the 15''

If it stays home most of the time the 17'' Trust me I have had one of the classic MBP also for about 3 years... pain in the ass for moving around mate.

It does get heavy with time...

6. eddietr macrumors 6502a

I think it's very much a personal preference/threshold issue. I tried a 17" MBP for a while and got sick of carrying it around after about 2-3 months and I really didn't use it again after that.

Having said that, the new 17" is really tempting again because of the resolution. But I have to keep reminding myself that last time I fell for a 17, it didn't work out so well.

But again, I can see how other people love them. It is very nice to have that kind of real estate when working. It's just not for me, I guess.

7. Pika macrumors 68000

Pika

Same with me. I used to have the 17" classic C2D MacBook Pro that i sold 3 months ago and the problem wasn't that it was to heavy for me, it was actually too lengthy for my backpack and 17" cases are rare to find on canadian retail stores.

Hell... i had hard time going across a door.

8. jackfrost123 thread starter macrumors 6502

hahahaha, fantastic comment.

Thanks for the all around comments guys and gals, very informative, and lots of facets to it mentioned, great pic too.

I think apple did their dirtiest trick with the matte 17" now one has got to have the air the 15" the 17" and the imac to get the best of everything lol!! If only they released an air thin 15 inch with a matte option!!!!!!!!!!! Would be a no brainer then!!!:apple::apple::D;)

Btw, any pics of the 17" matte?