iPhone 11 Pro Size Decisions and Discussion

PBz

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Nov 3, 2005
PVB, Florida
Just thought I would crdate a thread on people’s thoughts regarding the different options with size being the main determining factor.

Historically, I have been a Plus user. I tried the XS because it felt like the perfect sized phone. I eventually returned it for the XR. My main reason was battery life. I also preferred the LCD and single camera of the XR. After a year of the XR, I love the phone and can live with the size but was planning on going with the 11 Pro Max for EXTREME battery life. I didn’t do my homework on the 11 Pro.. and didn’t know that the 11 Pro has longer battery life than the XR. This likely changes a lot for me personally.

I went to the Apple Store today to check out the phones.. Love the green. Don’t love the 11 compared to the new Pros (love the matte finish on the Pro). I opened a ton of apps and IMO there isn’t a huge difference of material on-screen between the 11 Pro and 11 Pro Max. Yes, the 11PM will rule for video and phone photo editing.. .but outside of that.. it’s BIG. FWIW, I am an above average sized guy. Not small or small hands.

IMO, the 11P is the sleeper with that new battery life. I have moved most of my photo editing to the IPP and watch video about 10% of the time on my phone.

reppans

macrumors member
Dec 2, 2006
Can you even utilize all the battery power of the XR in a single day? I actually find it hard to use up 50% of the XR’s batt - that’s 6-8hrs of on screen runtime for me.

Reactions: PBz

PBz

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Nov 3, 2005
PVB, Florida
Can you even utilize all the battery power of the XR in a single day? I actually find it hard to use up 50% of the XR’s batt - that’s 6-8hrs of on screen runtime for me.
Exactly. I am not a light user and can end the day with 50%.