Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JoshBoy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 12, 2008
Sydney, Australia
If I buy lion server from the mac app store I notice its a small download however I have read that it will then download additional software, does anyone know the size of the extra download? (I need to manage my downloads, I live on an island and only get 6.5gig a month)

madmin

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2012
Desert island discs

Seems to be a 356mb initial download for the soon to be released ML-Server and nothing significant added during the configuration. I think you'll be ok with that but Lion Server is most likely different. In any case you're better off waiting another week for the new version (presuming you're not a registered developer).

BTW Don't be tempted to add any of those extra voices (like Karen or Lee) because those will certainly eat up your bandwidth quota ;)

JoshBoy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 12, 2008
Sydney, Australia
Thank you, I'm not a developer so I will wait for ML, I need to actually have it downloaded for me back in Australia and sent over but then will purchase server because it's so much smaller.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.