Size of PM box

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by alphaod, Nov 3, 2010.

1. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I am a bit bummed out that the PM box is still limited to 150 messages. Yes we can download and delete, but sometimes it's nice to be able to just keeps a few handy in my inbox and outbox just for reference, whether it be a sale or something notable. Eventually you have a clutter of 100 messages you don't want to delete and then you come to a point where you're replying back and forth with someone before one of the user's boxes are full (without realizing it). Maybe you're doing a sale in the Marketplace and you're wondering why you're not getting any interest or maybe you were about to make a buy or sale—you guys get the idea.

So can you please increase the size of the PM box? Any increase would better at this point. Thanks.

2. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

I am not speaking in an official manner, as I have no official knowledge around the PM limit. My guess is that is has more to do with hard drive space, then the vBulletin version.

I'm a big Evernote fan. The free version is good enough for me. If you don't know what it is, it's a document organizer. You can add all sorts of documents and search, sort, and/or tag them. There is even a Safari plug-in where you can select text on a web page (such as a PM) and click a button to add it to Evernote. I'm sure there are other apps out there that are similar and probably work just as well so don't think I'm shilling for Evernote. Evernote just happens to be the one I use. I know this isn't a great solution, but it may help you with your problem.