Size of text/icons/etc. on iPad Pro

Discussion in 'iPad' started by isaywhateveryo, Nov 14, 2015.

1. isaywhateveryo macrumors newbie

isaywhateveryo

I just realized what bothers me so much about the iPad Pro. While web browsing, websites simply appear scaled up rather than remaining small and providing more space on the sides of the tablet. I'd compare it to the way that MacBook Pros start out in "optimum". I'm the kind of guy who goes in and picks "smallest" every time, but there's no option that I can find to do that on this device. Very disappointing. Even the icons on the home screen are giant.

Any thoughts on how to fix this? I'm pretty close to giving up and returning this thing (and the keyboard) tomorrow.

2. sonicrobby macrumors 68020

sonicrobby

No native way to fix it, but there is a jailbreak tweak called "upscale" where you can change the resolution of the iPad. I should note though that if you get overly ambitious with the resolution, you may wind up screwing it up and having to restore the iPad again. And I'm also unaware of the jailbrek status of the pro/9.1

3. thisisnotmyname macrumors 65816

thisisnotmyname

I find myself using the pro at further distances (keyboard case and typing rather than holding closer like traditional tablet) so the resolution for the most part is good for me. I do think they need to shrink the banner notifications though.

4. Gix1k macrumors 68030

Gix1k

They screwed up home screen real estate. Icons too big and spaced too far apart. Two more rows could easily fit.