Size of UPS box?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by naesy1, Sep 19, 2014.

1. naesy1 macrumors member

Could anyone who has already had their iPhone delivered tell me what the dimensions of the box it was delivered in are? I want to pre-authorize the driver to leave it in my mailbox but I don't know if it will fit.

2. desertrat23 macrumors member

Mine was big...surprisingly big. Opened the box and the Apple box was kind of shrink-wrapped to the packing slip. Seemed very inefficient and much bigger than past releases. Probably wouldn't fit in a mailbox.

3. ZipZap macrumors 601

It won't and interestingly it appears that Apple used Amazon fulfillment

4. cs33 macrumors newbie

Pretty small. Would have fit in a mailbox.

It wouldn't have fit two iphones in it. I was actually surprised at how small the box was.

5. rwilliams macrumors 68040

rwilliams

Same here. Probably could have fit 2 or 3 iPhone boxes inside of my UPS box.

6. kupkakez macrumors 68000

kupkakez

7. Dangerous Theory macrumors 68000

I think it depends who sent it. Mine was sent from Three and it was just the iPhone box loosely inside a a DPD mail bag (thin plastic, no padding).

8. bdb23 macrumors member

mine arrived in a body bag. inside was a dead man, in his pocket was my iPhone 6. weird delivery system, but that's Apple, always Thinking Differently...

9. Steve686 macrumors 68030

Steve686

I'm not home to measure for you, but I got both phones today. A 6 and a 6+.

The 6 box will be a snug fit in a standard roadside mailbox. The 6+ Box wouldn't fit in one of these without some bending. I live in a condo so the valet office receives all packages and holds for residents.

10. rmhop81 macrumors 68020

rmhop81

I had one big and one small one. The big one wouldn't fit in a mail box, small one would

11. rritterson macrumors 6502

Weird the box sizes were so different. Mine had about an inch of space to the right of the phone box, but was otherwise just barely tall and deep enough to fit the inner white box.

12. mfram macrumors 65816

My device was sent from Harrisburg, PA. It was in a relatively large brown box that I doubt would fit in a mail box. Inside was the actual white iPhone box held down by plastic wrap.

13. Hezzerlah macrumors member

Hezzerlah

Exactly this.

14. BSoares macrumors regular

AT&T sent me mine and it was large, I think maybe six iPhone 6 boxes would fit in it. I asked the ups driver if he had lots of those today and he asked: is this an iPhone? The other boxes are different. I guess the apple ordered ones were indeed smaller.

15. tbobmccoy macrumors 6502a

tbobmccoy

The shipping served well for us here in Austin, where the rain was pouring down. The exterior of my box was soaked, but the inside was nice and dry since the box its self was air-wrapped to the floor of the box.

16. Steve686 macrumors 68030

Steve686

Here, for reference.

Attached Files:

17. robbie12345 macrumors 6502

I loled at this comment.

18. JForestZ34 macrumors 6502a

I wouldn't be surprised if they changed the size of the boxes so thieves wouldn't make them out to be phone. When I saw this box show up I was surprised

James