Size recommendation?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by benwizkid, Mar 15, 2011.

1. benwizkid macrumors member

benwizkid

Hi I'm looking to buy an ipad 2. However i'm not sure which size to get. I would probably jailbreak and do a lot of that stuff along with apps. I would probably keep some music on it but never my whole library at once.

Thanks

2. Psood21 macrumors member

I got the 64gb wifi... For some it might be an overkill. But i guess it is more of a personal choice. My reasons to get a 64 was because i like to keep a lot of movies on ipad and watch it while commuting.
    So it all depends on how you use it. Jailbreaking doesn't take up too much space it is the apps,movies and the music which fill up the ipad quickly.

3. kwajkat macrumors regular

kwajkat

I would recommend either the 32 or 64 GB. Photos and videos take up a lot of space. Books not so much. Some of the newer apps like games etc are taking up more room as well. Personally I have the 64GB and would like more room. Then again I am a movie buff and think I need to carry all my movies ( of course they would have to have a 500GB ipad for that!) with me as well as my genealogy/photos and then there are all those books!!!

4. halloweenie macrumors newbie

I got a 32GB iPod and filled it. Granted, I like to keep a lot of movies on my iPod, but it was a pain having to take music and movies off and on when I wanted to add something new. I bought the 64GB iPad. I would have bought 128GB if they offered it :p

5. mytakeontech macrumors 6502a

Whatever ppl say but in the end, size matters!!

I hope this helps!

6. benwizkid thread starter macrumors member

benwizkid

7. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

My 64gb original iPad has 10 GB left

Some music, some videos. Many apps.

8. nutmac macrumors 68040

Size depends on how one uses the device. For me, I got 32 GB because:
    • When travelling, I use iPad Camera Connection Kit to backup and view photos. Since I shoot my photos in RAW format, I need more than 16 GB.
    • Entertaining 2-year old toddler with video.
    • I have many apps and some take quite a bit of space, such as GarageBand.

9. DeaconGraves macrumors 65816

DeaconGraves

I have a 64GB original model. If I didn't store all my unwatched movies that sync automatically to it (mostly digital copies of DVDs I bought), it would probably be about half-full.

I think at this point I have talked myself out of upgrading to an iPad 2, but if I was going to, I would most likely get a 32 GB version.

10. elgrecomac macrumors 65816

elgrecomac

Well..

I suggest you ask any female friend of yours. I bet they will categorically agree that they'd be much more impressed with something that is 64gb vs 32gb and, believe me, no woman wants to see you with something as puny as a 16.
    :eek: