Size/weight difference

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Plutowillreturn, Oct 15, 2018.

1. Plutowillreturn macrumors member

Plutowillreturn

2. Howard2k macrumors 68020

Howard2k

59 words, 272 characters (excl spaces).

wiki MacBook Pro
    wiki MacBook Air
    each 3 words and 14 characters respectively, 6 words and 28 characters total.

Just saying, you'll find a fantastic write-up of the specs (including physical dimensions) on wikipedia. :)

3. Plutowillreturn thread starter macrumors member

Plutowillreturn

I guess I should have been clearer in my question. Has anyone who has owned both devices be able to advise if there was a real or negligible difference in size and weight and everyday use?

4. Howard2k macrumors 68020

Howard2k

I very briefly owned the Air before changing to a Pro.

I thought that the size/weight difference was immaterial, but there are plenty here who will tell you that a 1oz difference is the difference between life and death. If you have serious physical capability issues then that certainly might be a factor, or if it's going to sit in your backpack and on your back for 8 hours a day. But for a healthy adult with occasional transportation it's totally irrelevant IMO.

There are also those will will tell you that the Air is unusable because the display causes "eye strain".

I wouldn't give that much credence either, unless you actually do have eye issues.

Size/weight is probably one of the last considerations I would make between the devices.

Regardless, if you can wait a few weeks I would see if something is announced at the end of October for a new 13".