sjobs@apple+applecare= still broken?!?!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by BrettFarve04, Feb 8, 2009.

1. BrettFarve04 macrumors regular

So I emailed steve at his email address....and a few days later I got an email from an apple customer relations executive. He told me to send in my computer and they would fix it....so i sent my computer in...and it came back to me in even worse shape then when I sent it of. So I contacted the rep and told him what has happened....He told me to take my computer to the apple store and have a genius check it in and have it shipped off again.

Well this brings us to today. I picked up my computer and they replaced damn near everything.

Yesterday at 530pm, I was copying my music from my external back to my mac when the computer suddenly froze up. The screen went grey for about 2 minutes and the fans went a full speed. Then the computer made a loud click noise and shut off...and refuses to turn back on.

I know for sure I'm not doing anything to make this happen. I don't know what else too do or say about this. This will be the 3rd time in less then a month and I can't afford to send it back in...and have them work on it again...just to have it come back and die again...

I called the apple relations person and left a stern but assertive message.

Do you guys have any recommendations??

I don't know what too do!!!!!

2. The Samurai macrumors 68000

The Samurai

Be calm, don't lose your temper and be patient.

3. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Should have got a dell.

Seriously, just send it back in.

4. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

You left a stern but assertive message? Is that code for panicked and rude?
    Look, send it back in and check into whether or not the lemon law would apply here. After replacing one thing I would say there is more work to be done, but since you have stated Apple has replaced "everything", I would believe at this point it is time for a new machine. The lemon law typically applies to the repair of something three times and it sounds to be the case here. Maybe I am wrong.

If you cannot afford to send it back in then you must live with the problems. It could be worse. You could have walked your computer into an Apple store 7 days ago and found out that they're claiming they don't have the machine.

I'm just sayin'.