skate backpacks

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by radiohead14, Jul 26, 2011.

1. radiohead14 macrumors 6502a

anyone know of a backpack that is specifically designed for the 11" MBA and skateboards? i found this incase paul rodriguez one, but it seems to be discontinued already and is probably designed for the 13" MBP. i'm looking for one that fits the 11" nicely snug and padded.

http://www.goincase.com/products/detail/skate-pack-cl55176

[​IMG]

2. darngooddesign macrumors G3

Its been a long time since I sold my Alva, but what would make it a skate backpack? Is it just the way the straps are arranged or something else like padding in the laptop compartment so it can take a fall? How much stuff do you want to carry?

3. radiohead14 thread starter macrumors 6502a

[​IMG]

on the photo above.. you see those two velcro straps on the front of it? skate packs have that to secure your skateboard. and yea the padding is pretty thick and the back of most of them are contoured and vented to let your back breath (the back is not completely touching your back). i'm not looking to carry much.. mostly just the notebook and the board.. now and then i'll pack an extra shirt or two. i'm mostly looking for something similar to this incase one.. something nice and compact. was also looking at those camelbak backpacks, as they are similar in size to what i'm looking for.. i'll see if any of them have notebook compartments.